Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

$200 ugly BEAST of a gaming PC.. that i flipped

Pictures are in the PcPartPicker link -  https://pcpartpicker.com/b/DLx6Mp

ryzen 1300x , 8gb ram, and a "broken" rx470(bios update and gpu ran games fine.) i ran away with this bundle for 64 DOLLARS!! A STEAL IF U ASK ME.

Case was found local and was pretty disgusting.. Pretty much a common occurrence since I almost ALWAYS get the case local.

The PSU, while overkill was missing the modular GPU cables, so i had to buy an adapter off ebay(totaled into PSU price)

MOLEX-to-6pin, a320 MOBO and 120gb SSD were got on ebay

Ended up selling the PC for $450 and it only cost about $200. I know that the PC needs storage but i have terrible luck buying hdd's second hand (more dead drives than working drives in inventory atm)

Whats crazy about this build is that i saw them trying to sell it on my local selling sites like half a year later. Same ghetto Molex-to-6pin and parts and everything. AND HE WAS ASKING FOR $600!! IDK if they sold it or not but they had my contact info and never once hit me up about anything wrong with the PC.

note: this build is not recent

6 minutes ago, emosun said:

Is this a build log

Must build logs be of YOUR pc? Im new and dont want to be breaking any rules

2 minutes ago, ttvJVOOMS said:

Must build logs be of YOUR pc? Im new and dont want to be breaking any rules

Well it should be a log of the complete build process, not just some photos of a completed build. There are other forum topics for those.

well usually a build log is a log of events during a build.

It actually happens quite often here that people will post pictures of a 100% completed build with no log of events or processes , which is kind of an issue.

I respect the hustle and happy to hear you made some cash on it. I dabbled with building PCs locally a few years back during the first mining crisis and I was just breaking even. The process was a lot of fun and you learn a ton about diagnosing build issues but not interested in dabbling with it again.

8 minutes ago, The_Other_Cody said:

I respect the hustle and happy to hear you made some cash on it. I dabbled with building PCs locally a few years back during the first mining crisis and I was just breaking even. The process was a lot of fun and you learn a ton about diagnosing build issues but not interested in dabbling with it again.

Man i cant even imagine trying to flip PC's during that time. If i recall correctly the RX series cards were going for almost $300!!