Assassin's Creed Unity "Next Gen" Trailer

ACatWithThumbs

There's no point. Spoiler alert:

Ezio is dead. His story is complete with Revelations.

Reread my post. I am aware that he died, as I played the games. What I want is for that type of story with a more involved main character to come back, as IMO Conner and the Kenways weren't as enjoyable to play as they seemed rather dull in comparison

With today's technology I often wonder why we don't have colonies on the moon or Mars. Then I go to Wal Mart for 5 minutes and realize the vast majority of the human populace isn't ready for such things.

A year is more than enough to play and fully digest the content in Assassin's Creed games. 

No it is not, I just disagree.

-------

Current Rig

-------

All I can say is: Oh you finally did something to the engine of AC? Good.

Now I'm looking at you cod 4-x(no clue how many after that)  :lol:

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

All I can say is: Oh you finally did something to the engine of AC? Good.

Now I'm looking at you cod 4-x(no clue how many after that)  :lol:

Which rock have you been living under? AC3 and AC4 were using updated engines (AnvilNext) over Brotherhood/Revelations (Anvil). 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

They sure put together a trailer awfully fast for a supposedly "leaked" game. In any case even if it wasn't a blatantly fake leak does anybody seriously has any anticipation and eagerness at all for Asscreed games anymore? Just hire a fucking writer to come up with a new IP already, stop the never-ending sequels for fuck's sake.

yup, I has lots of anticipation and eagerness for new Asscreed games.  I like games that tell a story, f*ck me right?

but holy sh*t people, if you don't like it don't buy it! simple as that...  nobody is knocking on your door and ramming it down your throat.  if you don't like it go play whatever game tickles your fancy...  and who cares if the leak was fake, I'll take all the fake leaks they give me

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

Just a little FYI for people who keep saying the same thing over and over: "Omg, yearly release, enough already" and "It's just the same thing every year"

1) Yearly release cycle =/= Yearly development cycle. All AC games go through 2 years of development before it's announced with an additional year until release. 3 year development cycle. 

2) The main feature of any Assassin's Creed game isn't the visuals or the gameplay - it's the story. The historical setting changes with every game, taking players to new locations (all of which are historically authentic). The gameplay obviously changes with each game. AC3 introduced Naval gameplay, AC4 took it to unparalleled levels. AC3's free-roam in the Frontier was simply massive, which was a huge jump from AC:R, Brotherhood, AC2 and AC1 (which had a central zone connecting the main cities). AC games are constantly finding something new to implement in the games too, while keeping the core Assassin mechanics intact. 

3) People seem to call AC the "CoD of Assassins" - bear in mind, CoD's singleplayer campaign pales in comparison to the richly detailed story AC brings to the table. They're both fundamentally different games - CoD focuses on multiplayer while AC is all about a story set in a historically authentic world. 

4) There's plenty of history yet to be covered. Ubisoft will take full advantage of it to tell a new story in a new historical setting. 

I will start by saying that I love the AC series and that it is one of my all time favorite, I even like AC1 and thought AC3 was quite awesome. The only AC game i don't currently own is Liberation and that is just a matter of time until I buy it. Now to my point.

I totally agree with pretty everything except the "richly detailed story". I would say that what is impressive with each release is how richly detail the world is (codecs, the cities, the atmosphere of the time period and such) but the overall story of the game is the weakest point at least for me. Even though I thoroughly enjoy them, I can't say that the story is anything more than average.

NZXT Phantom 410 Gunmetal | Asus Z87-A (don't ask why I have a Z mobo with a non k cpu, have my reasons)| Intel Core i7 4770 | XGIMATEK Dark Knight II| 8GB Corsair Vengeance | 120GB SKHynix | 2tb WD Green | Gigabyte GTX 770 OC | OCZ 750W ZT | Logitech DiNovo Edge | Logitech G602

I will start by saying that I love the AC series and that it is one of my all time favorite, I even like AC1 and thought AC3 was quite awesome. The only AC game i don't currently own is Liberation and that is just a matter of time until I buy it. Now to my point.

I totally agree with pretty everything except the "richly detailed story". I would say that what is impressive with each release is how richly detail the world is (codecs, the cities, the atmosphere of the time period and such) but the overall story of the game is the weakest point at least for me. Even though I thoroughly enjoy them, I can't say that the story is anything more than average.

What I meant by that is how the story interacts with the setting. Sure, the story has its weak moments, but it plays well with the environment and the historical setting, and it's nice to see those references to real history. Numerous examples of that:

1) The Battle of Bunker Hill in AC3 - thoroughly enjoyed being in that portion of the story. 

2) Witnessing some of the historical events that actually occurred (Boston Tea Party being one that comes to mind), as well as notable figures like George Washington, Ben Franklin, Leonardo Da Vinci. It's interesting to see how the main character interacts with real historical figures despite them being fictionalized for the story. 

3) Subtle allusions towards Leonardo's sexuality in Brotherhood, as well as the Mona Lisa. 

4) Leonardo's War Machines - which is a nice reference to most of the blueprints he created, but never actually built. Also, flying his glider in AC2 (which is something he never built either). There was also a brief reference to Leonardo's experiments on corpses for his anatomy studies in AC2.

Ezio's story (which Ubisoft really shouldn't have focused that many games on) felt really authentic, as he had a real (and believable) driving factor in his decision to become an Assassin. By far the strongest story in the series. Connor's could have used a bit more work, and I haven't finished AC4 yet, so can't comment on Edward (I wouldn't be surprised if it was erratic, he is a pirate after all). 

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

What I meant by that is how the story interacts with the setting. Sure, the story has its weak moments, but it plays well with the environment and the historical setting, and it's nice to see those references to real history. Numerous examples of that:

1) The Battle of Bunker Hill in AC3 - thoroughly enjoyed being in that portion of the story. 

2) Witnessing some of the historical events that actually occurred (Boston Tea Party being one that comes to mind), as well as notable figures like George Washington, Ben Franklin, Leonardo Da Vinci. It's interesting to see how the main character interacts with real historical figures despite them being fictionalized for the story. 

3) Subtle allusions towards Leonardo's sexuality in Brotherhood, as well as the Mona Lisa. 

4) Leonardo's War Machines - which is a nice reference to most of the blueprints he created, but never actually built. Also, flying his glider in AC2 (which is something he never built either). There was also a brief reference to Leonardo's experiments on corpses for his anatomy studies in AC2.

Ezio's story (which Ubisoft really shouldn't have focused that many games on) felt really authentic, as he had a real (and believable) driving factor in his decision to become an Assassin. By far the strongest story in the series. Connor's could have used a bit more work, and I haven't finished AC4 yet, so can't comment on Edward (I wouldn't be surprised if it was erratic, he is a pirate after all). 

Ok i understand what you meant and agree.

1) that part was awesome

3)that was well done also

I would even add the allusion in AC1 (or was it AC2?) that the templar were being WWII.

The story of Connor I felt was warranted, especially how cold and serious he was. He was raised in a culture that was totally different than the one he was trusted into due to the SPOILER (death of his mother) and then was just driven by it the rest of his life to the point that he never was accommodated to the customs of the world around him nor did he know how to relax and have fun. He was driven by one cause and could only see that. Sure all of that does not make for such a great character compared to Ezio but he gave a different feel and insight to the myriad of reasons why someone would join the creed (revenge, sense of honor, sense of justice, freedom etc)

NZXT Phantom 410 Gunmetal | Asus Z87-A (don't ask why I have a Z mobo with a non k cpu, have my reasons)| Intel Core i7 4770 | XGIMATEK Dark Knight II| 8GB Corsair Vengeance | 120GB SKHynix | 2tb WD Green | Gigabyte GTX 770 OC | OCZ 750W ZT | Logitech DiNovo Edge | Logitech G602

Which rock have you been living under? AC3 and AC4 were using updated engines (AnvilNext) over Brotherhood/Revelations (Anvil). 

No.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

No.

That video was a horrible example.

Have you even played AC2? Their fingers are like little rectangle boxes for gods sake, the textures are horrible and the physics on the clothing is bad compared to the newer AC games. AC3 and 4 leaps and bounds ahead of AC2 graphics wise.

That video was a horrible example.

Have you even played AC2? Their fingers are like little rectangle boxes for gods sake, the textures are horrible and the physics on the clothing is bad compared to the newer AC games. AC3 and 4 leaps and bounds ahead of AC2 graphics wise.

I played the first one and I think that the last one looks the same.  :lol:

Spoiler

I played the first one and I think that the last one looks the same.  :lol:

Which explains a few things. AC1 didn't use Anvil. 

And you're obviously trolling at this point if you compare AC1's engine to AC4. 

Shit, people are impossible to satisfy. Im hyped for it.

Oh, and its French revolution for sure. The guillotine gives it away. Those French revolutionaries looooved those.

Hell, they loved them so much that they really didn't know how to stop cutting peoples heads off so they just started beheading tons of other people after they were done with the "Let them eat cake" crowd.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

idk AC series didn't catch me all that much. I lost interest very quickly in black flag.

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

Which explains a few things. AC1 didn't use Anvil. 

And you're obviously trolling at this point if you compare AC1's engine to AC4. 

No I just think they all look the same, just like cod 4 and all cods after that.

Spoiler

My thought was the banner on the building that goes by that has the same colors of the french flag.

I just read tale of two cities and got the first clue with the guillotine

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

Shit, people are impossible to satisfy. Im hyped for it.

Oh, and its French revolution for sure. The guillotine gives it away. Those French revolutionaries looooved those.

Hell, they loved them so much that they really didn't know how to stop cutting peoples heads off so they just started beheading tons of other people after they were done with the "Let them eat cake" crowd.

I wonder if we'll get to see Louis XVI's execution with the very same guillotine >.> 

I wonder if we'll get to see Louis XVI's execution with the very same guillotine >.> 

Maybe......That happened on January 21, 1793.

Personally I would hope that they would incorporate the terrible and unjust execution of Madame Roland too.

I could imagine a plot where the assasins and the Templars each support a factions of the revolution and the playable character is supporting the Girondist faction and is hunted and wanted for execution.

To the curious....Its estimated that 20,000 to 50,000 people were guillotined during the great Terror following the revolution. That's a period of just over a year

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.