Assassin's Creed Unity "Next Gen" Trailer

ACatWithThumbs

they just confirmed all the leaks were true essentially 

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

i wish if the game "looked" different

each time i  play any AC game i get reminded of 2007

maybe if they build it for next gen it will look better/different

hope so

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

i wish if the game "looked" different

each time i  play an AC game i get reminded of 2007

maybe if they build it for next gen it will look better/different

hope so

according to the leaks, unity will be ps4 xbone pc only, but they are making a spinoff for last gen, something like liberation was whit ac3 

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

It looked pre-rendered...

also looks like AC2

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I only care about the gameplay. If they still make player press W to parkour all over the map, I'll pass on this one.

It's too early to comment on graphics so I will say that I like the assassin costume of the new guy and I like what I see of the setting. I really liked Black Flag, but I'd rather Ubisoft take the pirate and boat stuff from that game and spin it off into it's own series not tied down by AC conventions and then work on improving AC stuff.

I'm so glad they are not releasing this for last gen consoles!  If they want to sell more new consoles, then they gotta quit supporting the old ones lol.

Just a little FYI for people who keep saying the same thing over and over: "Omg, yearly release, enough already" and "It's just the same thing every year"

1) Yearly release cycle =/= Yearly development cycle. All AC games go through 2 years of development before it's announced with an additional year until release. 3 year development cycle. 

2) The main feature of any Assassin's Creed game isn't the visuals or the gameplay - it's the story. The historical setting changes with every game, taking players to new locations (all of which are historically authentic). The gameplay obviously changes with each game. AC3 introduced Naval gameplay, AC4 took it to unparalleled levels. AC3's free-roam in the Frontier was simply massive, which was a huge jump from AC:R, Brotherhood, AC2 and AC1 (which had a central zone connecting the main cities). AC games are constantly finding something new to implement in the games too, while keeping the core Assassin mechanics intact. 

3) People seem to call AC the "CoD of Assassins" - bear in mind, CoD's singleplayer campaign pales in comparison to the richly detailed story AC brings to the table. They're both fundamentally different games - CoD focuses on multiplayer while AC is all about a story set in a historically authentic world. 

4) There's plenty of history yet to be covered. Ubisoft will take full advantage of it to tell a new story in a new historical setting. 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Just a little FYI for people who keep saying the same thing over and over: "Omg, yearly release, enough already" and "It's just the same thing every year"

1) Yearly release cycle =/= Yearly development cycle. All AC games go through 2 years of development before it's announced with an additional year until release. 3 year development cycle. 

2) The main feature of any Assassin's Creed game isn't the visuals or the gameplay - it's the story. The historical setting changes with every game, taking players to new locations (all of which are historically authentic). The gameplay obviously changes with each game. AC3 introduced Naval gameplay, AC4 took it to unparalleled levels. AC3's free-roam in the Frontier was simply massive, which was a huge jump from AC:R, Brotherhood, AC2 and AC1 (which had a central zone connecting the main cities). AC games are constantly finding something new to implement in the games too, while keeping the core Assassin mechanics intact. 

3) People seem to call AC the "CoD of Assassins" - bear in mind, CoD's singleplayer campaign pales in comparison to the richly detailed story AC brings to the table. They're both fundamentally different games - CoD focuses on multiplayer while AC is all about a story set in a historically authentic world. 

4) There's plenty of history yet to be covered. Ubisoft will take full advantage of it to tell a new story in a new historical setting. 

Totally agree with you.

And there are still tons of settings that they could do.

Like a Ninja/Samurai Assassin's Creed that plays in Japan.

Or a one that plays in Egypt.

RTX2070OC 

They sure put together a trailer awfully fast for a supposedly "leaked" game. In any case even if it wasn't a blatantly fake leak does anybody seriously has any anticipation and eagerness at all for Asscreed games anymore? Just hire a fucking writer to come up with a new IP already, stop the never-ending sequels for fuck's sake.

-------

Current Rig

-------

They sure put together a trailer awfully fast for a supposedly "leaked" game. In any case even if it wasn't a blatantly fake leak does anybody seriously has any anticipation and eagerness at all for Asscreed games anymore? Just hire a fucking writer to come up with a new IP already, stop the never-ending sequels for fuck's sake.

They still can do tons of things.

No need to kill it yet.

RTX2070OC 

It looked pre-rendered...

also looks like AC2

TBH if the games feels somewhat similar to ac2 while being fresh and new, i'm sold already AC2 is still the best AC to date 

I hope the optimalisation (especially with the DX12 stuff if that will be used) will be way better than with AC4, which was actually a middle finger to pc gamers performance-wise.

i5 4670k - MSI GTX 770 gaming - Fractal design define R4 (windowed) - MSI Z87-G45 gaming - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 - Corsair vengeance 8 gb (lp) - WB black 1tb - 256GB SSD - Corsair TX 750M - Ducky Shine 3

TBH if the games feels somewhat similar to ac2 while being fresh and new, i'm sold already AC2 is still the best AC to date 

I agree. The Ezio storylines were always the reason I played the AC games. The AC3 and AC4 stories didn't interest me and killed the games for me. If they can get back to the Ezio style of storylines I will be very happy

With today's technology I often wonder why we don't have colonies on the moon or Mars. Then I go to Wal Mart for 5 minutes and realize the vast majority of the human populace isn't ready for such things.

They still can do tons of things.

No need to kill it yet.

Not talking about killing it, I'm talking about spacing it the fuck out. 

-------

Current Rig

-------

I agree. The Ezio storylines were always the reason I played the AC games. The AC3 and AC4 stories didn't interest me and killed the games for me. If they can get back to the Ezio style of storylines I will be very happy

There's no point. Spoiler alert:

Ezio is dead. His story is complete with Revelations.

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Not talking about killing it, I'm talking about spacing it the fuck out. 

Why should they?

The games have 3 Years of development which is pretty long.

RTX2070OC 

Why should they?

The games have 3 Years of development which is pretty long.

I don't care how long it takes for the games to be developed, I care for how long it takes for consumers to fully digest what it should be a full featured game.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I don't care how long it takes for the games to be developed, I care for how long it takes for consumers to fully digest what it should be a full featured game.

A year is more than enough to play and fully digest the content in Assassin's Creed games. 

Besides, nobody is saying you have to play the current game before the next comes out. I played all 4 up to Revelations in a week long sitting and it was sufficient to explore a good portion of the game along with the main story. 

French Revolution Correct?

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

French Revolution Correct?

By the looks of it, yes. http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2014/03/21/ubisoft-confirms-assassins-creed-unity-set-in-french-revolution/

It'll be confirmed as more info comes out, specifically which years the story takes place in. Not sure if that was ever mentioned explicitly. 

By the looks of it, yes. http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2014/03/21/ubisoft-confirms-assassins-creed-unity-set-in-french-revolution/

It'll be confirmed as more info comes out, specifically which years the story takes place in. Not sure if that was ever mentioned explicitly. 

My thought was the banner on the building that goes by that has the same colors of the french flag.

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi