My Performance is different than other's builds.

Built a computer for a relative a while back. GPU is Radeon RX 570 8GT OC and CPU is Ryzen 5 2600. (1 m.2 drive, and 1 tb hdd drive) We originally had issues I believe due to a faulty motherboard (AsRock). We then switched to Asus TUF B450M-PLUS GAMING Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard and still had some issues to which it was suggested that the PSU we were using at the time wasn't enough power for the system.

I believe we were using 500w PSU? The last upgrade I got him for the PSU was a 600w Corsair which I believe to be enough for his build?

Ever since I made these two corrections all his issues seemed to stop.

There are no more BSOD anymore, the computer doesn't randomly shut off anymore BUT, I still have a few concerns. 

He is still running a stock cooler on the CPU so I understand that it can have thermal issues. (Mind you I removed the prepaste and used Artic Silver instead) I believe the CPU idles around 40c? 

The only problem is that, as far as I can tell, the GPU Fans NEVER turn on. I can't even force them to turn on with separate programs like MSI Afterburner or AMD Adrenaline. I am not sure if the card has some kind of built in ambient temp and will only turn on as needed but I have never seen the GPU fans turn on once. Not even while gaming but, at least the computer isn't shutting down anymore.

I would assume if it was too hot it would shut down? But I do recall his GPU to be around 80 - 93c while gaming?

It has been a while since I have tested his PC and it is difficult for me to trouble shoot through TeamVeiwer as I don't live in the area anymore. 

From all the reviews I've seen, the RX 570 paired with the Ryzen 2600 should be able to smash most games at 1080p. But to me it seems like he consistently gets low FPS. Destiny 2 for example, I hear Destiny 2 is not optimized well, but even my GTX 780 could get 60fps with High settings. While my relative's build barely manages 30 - 45fps with low - medium settings. 

So, any thoughts? 

I have tried everything I can think of. I feel like, either the PSU still isn't enough, or perhaps the GPU card is just bad? It "works," I just don't think it performs as it should be. 

Thank you. 

i have a Asus strix RX-580 that will cook itself to death if i didnt run MSI afterburners fan curve. just do the same and leave everything else at stock settings.

26 minutes ago, invision2212 said:

i have a Asus strix RX-580 that will cook itself to death if i didnt run MSI afterburners fan curve. just do the same and leave everything else at stock settings.

As I said above, I have tried MSI Afterburner and that doesn't turn the fans on either..

3 hours ago, Sorkurie said:

As I said above, I have tried MSI Afterburner and that doesn't turn the fans on either..

Those fans not spinning and not responding to manual setting in Afterburner is a concern.  I would disassemble the card and see in the fan cable came unplugged from the header on the graphics card PCB.  Even on boot up, most gpu fans spin temporarily, even the cards with the zero fan feature.  Hitting 90C and still no fan is a problem.