ZOTAC ZBOX MAGNUS One i7-10700 RTX 3070 Mini PC

Aaron_T
4 hours ago, Crongs said:

@Preshit_zuI don´t think that it would fit without any modification of the side panels -> space between top fans and mainboard is about 16 - 17mm -> so there is no way for a radiator. It would be a lot easier if you could buy a second pair of side panels :P....

Oh 'A'

by the way does the Magnus one support 3200mhz memory?

And can we replace the top two fans with some other

On 6/21/2021 at 7:05 PM, Preshit_zu said:

Oh 'A'

by the way does the Magnus one support 3200mhz memory?

Only upto 2933. You can use 3200Mhz ram but it'll downgrade to 2933

Hi guys, to change the stock cooler is required to disassembly to entire motherboard or not? In the metal board in the middle between motherboard and gpu I see 4 holes at cooler screw level, maybe it' s possible to in this way or not?

In case someone can show how to disassembly the motherboard?

Thanks

You need to remove the motherboard tray. There is a metal backplate that you need to remove to install an after market cooler. 

On 5/2/2021 at 3:03 AM, LukeD_NC said:

@AaronThomas Yep, well the 10600 seems to also be completely unrestrained. So it really leaves the choice between those 3 CPUs.

Also here's another option to get more air through the NH-L9i ... this 92mm to 120mm adapter (LINK)

I've ordered one and will test the Noctua NF-A12x15 PWM chromax.Black.swap with it.

Good day all.

Just bought the system a week ago and swapped the stock fans with a Noctua NH-L9i.

Any update with the adapter if it will fit + adding the 120mm fan? I was planning to add the same fan as well which is the Noctua NF-A12x15 PWM along with the adapter.

I have been following this thread and been very thankful with all the updates that all of you have provided.

There's not enough room there really for any adapters. But you can mount a 120x15 fan on there.

I literally tried that adapter and its too thick.

8 hours ago, LukeD_NC said:

There's not enough room there really for any adapters. But you can mount a 120x15 fan on there.

I literally tried that adapter and its too thick.

Where to mount a 120mm fan? If you have done it, can you post pics?

Mount the 120mm fan by one of the mounting holes to the heatsink. The side panel will press against the fan and hold it in place. Alternatively you can try get some wire to hold the fan through a second mounting hole.

Can you please suggest alternate fan for the case. 

On 6/26/2021 at 11:14 PM, LukeD_NC said:

Mount the 120mm fan by one of the mounting holes to the heatsink. The side panel will press against the fan and hold it in place. Alternatively you can try get some wire to hold the fan through a second mounting hole.

Can you post a pic of where you mounted the fan? I saw one mounting hole below the ssd but I don't think a fan will fit in there even without hdd

Hello to everyone!

I followed the discussion and was able to install the g200p without removing the motherboard and without voiding the warranty.

The g200p can be installed using the old backplate but M3 screws must be purchased separately.

Instead of mounting the support from the backplate, just screw the M3X16 screws using the spacers included with the heatsink.

Unfortunately, I didn't notice any major improvements over the stock cooler (just 3-4 degrees), but there is no comparison in terms of quietness.

I will probably try to install noctua fan NF-A9x14, but I am convinced that there is no improvement in terms of temperatures .

The ideal would be to undervolt or consider more actions.

I'm also studying the possibility of installing the cryorig c7 cu with some modifications(tolerance problems)

If I have updates I will share them.

IMG20210702122337.jpg

IMG20210702122344.jpg

IMG20210702122347.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for my late response...

I changed my i7 10700 to a 10600k and i was shocked that all voltage options are still blocked -> No way to undervolt this CPU ( wow -> if i compare this to a notebook, i think every notebook can be undervoltet ). Im really disappointend about this buy.

I also changed the fans on my 3070 and renewed the paste. Temperatures are not better with a 120mm + 92mm Fan setup, but it is a little bit quieter ( Arctic Cooling 15mm thick 120mm fan + 92mm 15mm thick Scythe fan ).

I will do some testing with gaming today....

12 hours ago, Crongs said:

I changed my i7 10700 to a 10600k and i was shocked that all voltage options are still blocked -> No way to undervolt this CPU ( wow -> if i compare this to a notebook, i think every notebook can be undervoltet ). Im really disappointend about this buy.

Did you try undervolting in throttlestop/xtu? Works for me

@Crongs - if you can, return the 10600K and buy the 10600. You won't need to do any volt mods and it will work perfectly out of the box.

On 4/30/2021 at 5:58 AM, LukeD_NC said:

I must say the NH-L9i is a MUST upgrade. The stock fan is loud, even when under minimal load. The stock cooler is 37mm just like the Noctua.

The Noctua performs slightly worse in burst peak workloads, so it sustains the burst of heat worse but in the long term it settles the temps better.

Also I hope that they make an AMD version of this system. Because the motherboard is so easily replaceable it would be great to fit this kind of system out with a 5600X which has nowhere near the power requirements like 10th or 11th gen Intel chips do.

IMG_1364.jpg

IMG_1363.jpg

IMG_1365.jpg

IMG_1362.jpg

IMG_1359.jpg

IMG_1361.jpg

IMG_1356.jpg

IMG_1357.jpg

IMG_1358.jpg

IMG_1351.jpg

IMG_1354.jpg

Hi I would just like to know if after the noctua l9i mod does the hard drive still fit in it's original spot? 

Hello everyone,

Everything fits perfectly with the NH-L9i, I have 3 drives in my setup.

I upgraded the top fans as well with 2 Noctua NF-A9x14 PWM  92mm ( A234772). A very good fit as well.

However, you will need to add 2 PWM fan adapters for VGA Cooler Fan and widen the holes on the fans.

IMG_1772.jpg

image0(1).jpeg

Hello everyone,

I cant find an information about power supply of zotac m1. Can anyone say ?

It would help me greatly.

22 hours ago, Cutlass_sxb said:

Hello everyone,

Everything fits perfectly with the NH-L9i, I have 3 drives in my setup.

I upgraded the top fans as well with 2 Noctua NF-A9x14 PWM  92mm ( A234772). A very good fit as well.

However, you will need to add 2 PWM fan adapters for VGA Cooler Fan and widen the holes on the fans.

IMG_1772.jpg

image0(1).jpeg

Is the power supply the loudest element now or has the computer become silent?

7 hours ago, enocyl said:

Is the power supply the loudest element now or has the computer become silent?

Hi,

Idle, the power supply is now the loudest element but barely noticeable. At full load, it's still the same breathing dragon.

Hi everyone,

here is a good solution for better cooling system: https://rockitcool.myshopify.com/products/copper-ihs-for-10th-gen

Use a cooper IHS with Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut (liquid metal) + noctua NH-L9i and Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut. After 30 minuts under OCCT the CPU doesn't go over 65 °C

For power supply you can change the 40mm fan by a noctua one 😉

How's everyone liking their Magnus One? Does the cpu throttle much?

I'm currently on the fence between going with one or upgrading my PC for a Ryzen 3900 and a 3070 (pre-built machine).

Been looking at @franky_op solution, does it bring the best of both worlds, keeping the stock backplate?

Thanks!

Hey, I tried to install noctua nh-l9i and now the pc won't turn on. Not even the case light on the power button. Any help?

3 hours ago, karsaorlong21 said:

Hey, I tried to install noctua nh-l9i and now the pc won't turn on. Not even the case light on the power button. Any help?

Release the pressure on the CPU. Hope you haven't bent the pins.

I think case power button is broken. I'm able to jump start the motherboard