Getting my new build!

Recently (Last night from posting) I ordered all of my PC parts!

I have yet to receive any of them, but they should be arriving this weekend into next week.

I wanted to know if there was anything I am missing when I set it up.

I have an antistatic wristband. Furthermore, I have a clean open space to build it on.

Is there anything I'm missing in the assembly process 

(I have an ifixit kit with all the bits I need.)

Do note the GTX 770 is temporary and I'm only going to use until I can get my hands on a 3060ti

System Specs Below

Once I have the PC built I will 

1 Make sure it boots

2 Install Windows 10

3 Enable XMP

4 OC gpu

5 (Sightly) OC cpu

Anything Im missing (I'm sure there is)

Any help is apriciated!

| If someones post is helpful or solves your problem please mark it as a solution 🙂 |

I am a human that makes mistakes! If I'm wrong please correct me and tell me where I made the mistake. I try my best to be helpful.

System Specs

<Ryzen 5 3600 3.5-4.2Ghz> <Noctua NH-U12S chromax.Black> <ZOTAC RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB> <16gb 3200Mhz Crucial CL16> <DarkFlash DLM21 Mesh> <650w Corsair RMx 2018 80+ Gold> <Samsung 970 EVO 500gb NVMe> <WD blue 500gb SSD> <MSI MAG b550m Mortar> <5 Noctua P12 case fans>

Peripherals

<Lepow Portable Monitor + AOC 144hz 1080p monitor> 

<Keymove Snowfox 61m>

<Razer Mini>

1 minute ago, SignatureSigner said:

Recently (Last night from posting) I ordered all of my PC parts!

I have yet to receive any of them, but they should be arriving this weekend into next week.

I wanted to know if there was anything I am missing when I set it up.

I have an antistatic wristband. Furthermore, I have a clean open space to build it on.

Is there anything I'm missing in the assembly process 

(I have an ifixit kit with all the bits I need.)

Do note the GTX 770 is temporary and I'm only going to use until I can get my hands on a 3060ti

System Specs Below

Once I have the PC built I will 

1 Make sure it boots

2 Install Windows 10

3 Enable XMP

4 OC gpu

5 (Sightly) OC cpu

Anything Im missing (I'm sure there is)

Any help is apriciated!

I'd recommend before putting it in the case to put it together and see if it boots, but then if it does boot you can go on to put it into the case.

5 minutes ago, jrhaberland said:

I'd recommend before putting it in the case to put it together and see if it boots, but then if it does boot you can go on to put it into the case.

Thanks for the advice I'm was already going to do this just didn't think about doing it when I wrote the post. I should first assemble it on the MOBO box with the antistatic bag the mobo comes in under it I think.

| If someones post is helpful or solves your problem please mark it as a solution 🙂 |

I am a human that makes mistakes! If I'm wrong please correct me and tell me where I made the mistake. I try my best to be helpful.

System Specs

<Ryzen 5 3600 3.5-4.2Ghz> <Noctua NH-U12S chromax.Black> <ZOTAC RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB> <16gb 3200Mhz Crucial CL16> <DarkFlash DLM21 Mesh> <650w Corsair RMx 2018 80+ Gold> <Samsung 970 EVO 500gb NVMe> <WD blue 500gb SSD> <MSI MAG b550m Mortar> <5 Noctua P12 case fans>

Peripherals

<Keymove Snowfox 61m>

<Razer Mini>

1 minute ago, SignatureSigner said:

Thanks for the advice I'm was already going to do this just didn't think about doing it when I wrote the post. I should first assemble it on the MOBO box with the antistatic bag the mobo comes in under it I think.

Yeah that works, hopefully none of your components are DOA.

1 minute ago, jrhaberland said:

Yeah that works, hopefully none of your components are DOA.

Gosh DOA stuff drive me nuts. I ordered it all from amazon and they have free returns if an item IS DOA. The GPU is from eBay and the listing says fully functional, so if its not I can get a refund. Fingers crossed!!

System Specs

Peripherals

<Keymove Snowfox 61m>

<Razer Mini>

Just now, SignatureSigner said:

Gosh DOA stuff drive me nuts. I ordered it all from amazon and they have free returns if an item IS DOA. The GPU is from eBay and the listing says fully functional, so if its not I can get a refund. Fingers crossed!!

Yeah and you can always return Amazon stuff to Kohl's which is pretty awesome. Yeah you should be good. Lmao just realized your temp gpu is better than mine.

14 minutes ago, jrhaberland said:

Yeah and you can always return Amazon stuff to Kohl's which is pretty awesome. Yeah you should be good. Lmao just realized your temp gpu is better than mine.

I was actually considering getting that gpu! I then realized it couldn't really run a lot of my games (No offense) and decided to spring for an older card but a card that can run most 1080p games at decent FPS (Minecraft-over 100)

System Specs

Peripherals

<Keymove Snowfox 61m>

<Razer Mini>

1 hour ago, _CaLico_ said:

This may sound obvious, but you do have a PSU right?

Yes forgot it in the parts list as it was one of the last decided on items 😉

System Specs

Peripherals

<Keymove Snowfox 61m>

<Razer Mini>

My recommendation...

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor ($199.99 @ Amazon) 

Motherboard: MSI B550M PRO-VDH WIFI Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($108.99 @ Amazon) 

Memory: Crucial Ballistix 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory ($86.99 @ B&H) 

Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($61.69 @ Amazon) 

Video Card: MSI GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8 GB GAMING X TRIO Video Card 

Case: Cooler Master MasterBox NR400 (w/ODD) MicroATX Mid Tower Case ($64.98 @ Amazon) 

Power Supply: Cooler Master MWE Gold 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($90.07 @ Amazon) 

Total: $612.71

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-01-30 09:31 EST-0500

SSD TIER LIST

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X

Mobo - ASRock X470 Taichi

Memory - G.Skill Trident Z RGB (8x2 3200MHz) 

Storage - Sabrent Rocket 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 2TBWD Black 1TB

GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti LIGHTNING

CaseFractal Design Meshify C

PSUSuper Flower Leadex II Gold 650W