Budget Media PC

I'm planning on building a small media pc for the living room hooked up to the TV.

It will mainly be used for watching movies and listening to music.

The budget  will be around 400 Euro (550 USD).

I already have peripherals and a monitor.

Current rig: CPU: AMD FX-8120  Cooling: Corsair H100i  Mobo: ASRock 970 Extreme 3  RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz  GPU: MSI GTX 660Ti Power Edition  Case: Fractal Design Define R4  Storage: 2TB Seagate HDD + 128GB Crucial SSD  PSU: be quiet! 730W bronze

Which shops are you using?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

where exactly in europ? eg what pcpartpicker location can i use? 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

PCPartpicker in Europe/The Netherlands.

http://alternate.nl preferred.

Like, integrated graphics with 4GB Ram and a small SSD and some i3 will work I guess.

where exactly in europ? eg what pcpartpicker location can i use? 

You can see in his location info that he's in the Netherlands which is no longer in PcPP's drop down list. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

You can see in his location info that he's in the Netherlands which is no longer in PcPP's drop down list. 

woops i didnt notice thanks for correcting me

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

-snip-

-snap-

You can you PcPP, that is no problem for me. I just want to get general idea of what components to get.

Current rig: CPU: AMD FX-8120  Cooling: Corsair H100i  Mobo: ASRock 970 Extreme 3  RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz  GPU: MSI GTX 660Ti Power Edition  Case: Fractal Design Define R4  Storage: 2TB Seagate HDD + 128GB Crucial SSD  PSU: be quiet! 730W bronze

bit over but hows this?

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU:  AMD A10-6800K 4.1GHz Quad-Core Processor  (€117.90 @ Caseking)
CPU Cooler:  Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  (€33.40 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Motherboard:  Asus A55BM-E Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard  (€51.42 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Memory:  G.Skill Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory  (€77.91 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Storage:  Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk  (€59.40 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Case:  Cooler Master N200 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  (€49.55 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Power Supply:  OCZ Fatal1ty 550W 80+ Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  (€74.13 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Total: €463.71
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-21 14:45 CET+0100)

Specs

You can you PcPP, that is no problem for me. I just want to get general idea of what components to get.

It'd be more relevant to know where you're actually going to be shopping from to take advantage of prices.

bit over but hows this?

CPU:  AMD A10-6800K 4.1GHz Quad-Core Processor  (€117.90 @ Caseking)

CPU Cooler:  Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  (€33.40 @ Amazon Deutschland)

Motherboard:  Asus A55BM-E Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard  (€51.42 @ Amazon Deutschland)

Memory:  G.Skill Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory  (€77.91 @ Amazon Deutschland)

Storage:  Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk  (€59.40 @ Amazon Deutschland)

Case:  Cooler Master N200 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  (€49.55 @ Amazon Deutschland)

Power Supply:  OCZ Fatal1ty 550W 80+ Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  (€74.13 @ Amazon Deutschland)

Total: €463.71

(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-21 14:45 CET+0100)

Seems alright, although a 2TB HDD would be a better option for massive storage instead of a 120GB SSD.

It'd be more relevant to know where you're actually going to be shopping from to take advantage of prices.

Well, I would be using a Dutch website and they don't have an English version.

That's why PcPP would be the best option.

Seems alright, although a 2TB HDD would be a better option for massive storage instead of a 120GB SSD.

thats a option, personally with my little htpc i have it hooked up to my NAS with a 64gb ssd

Specs

Well, I would be using a Dutch website and they don't have an English version.

That's why PcPP would be the best option.

Dutch is fine. Just link the website. 

I don't have a NAS be but I kinda of want one. Don't know how expensive they are though.

Dutch is fine. Just link the website. 

Here you go: http://www.alternate.nl/html/configurator/builder/pc/page.html.

I don't have a NAS be but I kinda of want one. Don't know how expensive they are though.

depends on your pc range the drives are what kill it for most people sadly being more pricy then the nas itself

Specs

depends on your pc range the drives are what kill it for most people sadly being more pricy then the nas itself

By drives you mean the storage right?

Could you make configure a NAS build for me on PcPP that is around the same budget as this pc if you want to?

How's this look?

-snip-

Looks good, just need to add some storage and I'm set I think.

Looks good, just need to add some storage and I'm set I think.

Just pick up barracudas of whatever size you prefer. 

Just pick up barracudas of whatever size you prefer. 

Preferred color (black,red,green)?

By drives you mean the storage right?

Could you make configure a NAS build for me on PcPP that is around the same budget as this pc if you want to?

heres a idea

CPU:  Intel Core i5-4440 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor  (€165.90 @ Amazon Deutschland)

Motherboard:  Gigabyte GA-H81M-S2PV Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (€51.28 @ Hardwareversand)

Memory:  Kingston 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory  (€32.71 @ Amazon Deutschland)

Storage:  Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 60GB 2.5" Solid State Disk  (€44.50 @ Amazon Deutschland)

Storage:  Seagate SV35.5 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€78.00 @ Pixmania DE)

Storage:  Seagate SV35.5 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€78.00 @ Pixmania DE)

Case:  Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case  (€52.90 @ Caseking)

Total: €577.42

(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-21 15:16 CET+0100)

Specs

Might look into NAS's at a later point. Don't really have the budget to buy both of them as of now.

Thanks for all the help :)

Preferred color (black,red,green)?

Barracudas..