Looking for 4TB SSD/NVME M.2

Krazes
Go to solution Solved by Krazes,

I ended up buying Sabrent Rocket Q4 4TB NVME M.2.

Hello, I'm looking for a 4TB SSD/NVME M.2 to store my primary files and games and want to load into games faster. My system will not be having any HDD's. 

Would appreciate any recommendations, something fast and under.. £650. Hope you guys can help, thank you.

My PC: (Only thing missing is the 4TB storage and GPU but I'm waiting for 3080ti/Super models.)

PCPartPicker Part List
Type Item Price
CPU AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7 GHz 12-Core Processor Purchased For £650.00
CPU Cooler NZXT Kraken Z73 73.11 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler Purchased For £180.00
Motherboard Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard Purchased For £600.00
Memory Crucial Ballistix 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory Purchased For £116.00
Memory Crucial Ballistix 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory Purchased For £116.00
Video Card EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 10 GB FTW3 ULTRA GAMING Video Card £1100.00
Case Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic ATX Full Tower Case Purchased For £140.00
Power Supply Corsair RMx (2018) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply Purchased For £130.00
Case Fan Lian Li UNI SL120 58.54 CFM 120 mm Fans 3-Pack Purchased For £80.00
  Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts  
  Total £3272.00
  Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-01-29 02:51 GMT+0000  

"I don't know what your problem is, but it seems like you don't like me. Besides, I can't put you in any mood - you put yourself into a 'mood' when you take the little things personally."

Do you have 4tb worth of games that actually benefit from an nvme ssd vs a normal ssd?

Just now, emosun said:

Do you have 4tb worth of games that actually benefit from an nvme ssd vs a normal ssd?

I wouldn't suppose so, nvme ssd or sata ssd is both fine. Infact sata ssd is far cheaper but I didn't find a good enough 4TB one that'll boot me into games fast and comparable to nvme ssd.

"I don't know what your problem is, but it seems like you don't like me. Besides, I can't put you in any mood - you put yourself into a 'mood' when you take the little things personally."

1 minute ago, Krazes said:

I wouldn't suppose so, nvme ssd or sata ssd is both fine. Infact sata ssd is far cheaper but I didn't find a good enough 4TB one that'll boot me into games fast and comparable to nvme ssd.

you won't notice a difference with loading times on games between a sata and nvme drive. 

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

Just now, Letgomyleghoe said:

you won't notice a difference with loading times on games between a sata and nvme drive. 

Great! Do you have any recommendations for a 4TB sata? Fast load time of course.

1 minute ago, Krazes said:

Great! Do you have any recommendations for a 4TB sata? Fast load time of course.

this will do fine, but to be honset, I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to ssd's 
https://www.newegg.com/samsung-860-evo-series-4tb/p/N82E16820147669

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

I found this SSD: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Blue-NAND-Internal-Inch-SATA/dp/B07QV3XGCP/

WD Blue 3D NAND Internal SSD 2.5 Inch SATA - 4 TB 

560 MB/s Read and 530 MB/s Write.

I may get this one unless anyone has an objection? 

samsung kinda released their EVO 870 SSD for 4TB, which should do great.

Maybe at a better price, not sure, but the NVMe is not that worth it unless you have space issues or it's at around the same price.

3 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

samsung kinda released their EVO 870 SSD for 4TB, which should do great.

Maybe at a better price, not sure, but the NVMe is not that worth it unless you have space issues or it's at around the same price.

Looks great, same speed and just a bit cheaper than the WD Blue 4TB above. This should be fine I assume.

image.thumb.png.a6be606bd9a35d583bf0e4a446d27918.png

3 minutes ago, Krazes said:

Looks great, same speed and just a bit cheaper than the WD Blue 4TB above. This should be fine I assume.

QVO, EVO, PRO (very expensive)

QVO is their cheaper option with a less rated lifespan, but I guess they are quite decent too.

Very unsure to what difference this makes, or if there is any reliablity issues or differences.

But if it's not that important and you might get and high TB HDD too, just to have something as an backup?

17 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

QVO, EVO, PRO (very expensive)

QVO is their cheaper option with a less rated lifespan, but I guess they are quite decent too.

Very unsure to what difference this makes, or if there is any reliablity issues or differences.

But if it's not that important and you might get and high TB HDD too, just to have something as an backup?

I don't require any backups, I use Google Drive to backup my password database and encrypted private files. But yeah I recon the 870 QVO 4TB would do great. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I ended up buying Sabrent Rocket Q4 4TB NVME M.2.

unknown.png

Flipped the display on the cooler, only thing that I'm waiting for now is 3080ti/super to release then my build is complete.