Desktop audio > MG10XU > OBS

goof

I've got an MG10XU audio interface, and I'd like to output the desktop audio to OBS so that I can change the volume for both the broadcaster and the viewer with my dials, knobs, and doohickeys. Is this possible to accomplish? I feel as though I'm missing an obvious step somewhere along the way.  Thanks for taking a look.

MG10XU.jpg

3 hours ago, goof said:

Are you after the audio from one computer and to then mix it with a microphone etc and then send back to the same computer into OBS?

22 minutes ago, Ahoy Hoy said:

Are you after the audio from one computer and to then mix it with a microphone etc and then send back to the same computer into OBS?

That about sums it up, yeah.   I'd like to have full control over all that solely using my audio interface to avoid switching scenes, alt-tabbing, or awkwardly clicking around Windows' goofy sound interface while I'm live.

Just now, goof said:

That about sums it up, yeah.   I'd like to have full control over all that solely using my audio interface to avoid switching scenes, alt-tabbing, or awkwardly clicking around Windows' goofy sound interface while I'm live.

The MG10XU isnt a audio interface. Its a mixer with usb capability to either record to a computer or have playback form a computer. It can only do one at a time through USB not both.

So you have to use other cables to plug the computer input in. 
Jack to stereo rca or jack to stereo jacks. (see image below)
it may introduce ground problems if your unlucky but thats unlikely.
Plug that into the line output of the computer and then into the mixer.
But understand everyone will hear your sound. If you use a VOIP like discords they will hear the microphone and any other sound be that a video game or music.
Buy 3.5mm Jack to Stereo RCA Cable | Audio accessories | Argos

Are you using this to stream like on twitch with a single microphone? If so and you've recently purchased this may I recommend returning it and buying yamaha AG03 or AG06. As its the product you actually want for this task as its a mixer and a audio interface.