did i make a mistake buying a £28 psu? one of the 8pin connectors doesnt seem to work

abl37

in a recent build i did using an athlon 3000g i also used a 400w aerocool psu which has 2 8pin connectors however only one of them worked on the motherboard (like i tried pluging it in and the pc wouldnt start but when i plugged in the other one it did) so my question is...is the psu broken or does it have a chance of working if i use it for a gpu?

ik it is a stupid question but still...spacer.png 

Just now, ragnarok0273 said:

You NEVER cheap out on the PSU.

i know the psu i bought for my pc was a corsair rx750 but i was working with a rlly tight budget for this one and it seemed good on paper and had good reviews on amazon

You NEVER cheap out on the PSU.

Never, never, NEVER cheap out on a PSU. It hold the computers life in its hands. Also probably a ticking time bomb.

“Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.” - Sun Tzu, The Art of War #muricaparrotgang

Tier Lists and Specs List Below

Motherboard VRM tier list  -----  PSU tier list

React if you agree with me!

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600  |  CPU Cooler: Asus ROG STRIX LC240 White |  RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 16GB 3600 | Mobo: ASUS ROG STRIX B550-A  |  SSD: Inland m.2 NVMe SSD 256GB  |  HDD: Seagate 2TB 7200RPM |  GPU: RTX 3060 Ti FE  |  PSU: Seasonic SGX 650 |  Case: Lian Li o11 mini-W  |  Mouse: Razer Basilisk mercury |  Keyboard: Drop CTRL (Used. I did not spend $200 on a keyboard) |  Mouse Pad: Aura Mech Purple Storm  |  MonitorAsus TUF 24" IPS 144Hz 1080p

Just now, abl37 said:

i know the psu i bought for my pc was a corsair rx750 but i was working with a rlly tight budget for this one and it seemed good on paper and had good reviews on amazon

Amazon reviews might as well be nonexistent.

Go check it out on the PSU tier list here:

https://linustechtips.com/topic/1116640-psucultists-psu-tier-list/

elephants

Just now, abl37 said:

try it with a GPU, but I think that you should probably just buy one of the corsair CXM units, budget friendly and not bad.

“Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.” - Sun Tzu, The Art of War #muricaparrotgang

Tier Lists and Specs List Below

Motherboard VRM tier list  -----  PSU tier list

React if you agree with me!

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600  |  CPU Cooler: Asus ROG STRIX LC240 White |  RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 16GB 3600 | Mobo: ASUS ROG STRIX B550-A  |  SSD: Inland m.2 NVMe SSD 256GB  |  HDD: Seagate 2TB 7200RPM |  GPU: RTX 3060 Ti FE  |  PSU: Seasonic SGX 650 |  Case: Lian Li o11 mini-W  |  Mouse: Razer Basilisk mercury |  Keyboard: Drop CTRL (Used. I did not spend $200 on a keyboard) |  Mouse Pad: Aura Mech Purple Storm  |  MonitorAsus TUF 24" IPS 144Hz 1080p

1 minute ago, ragnarok0273 said:

It's a Tier D.

Added with the fact that only part of the EPS worked, I'd return it immediately.

i cant find a way to get in touch with the company...will they accept it later if i ever put a gpu in it and it doesnt work?

Just now, abl37 said:

i cant find a way to get in touch with the company...will they accept it later if i ever put a gpu in it and it doesnt work?

Return it ASAP.

elephants

Return it ASAP.

how tho aerocool doesnt seem to have any form of costumer support

Just now, abl37 said:

Use Amazon.

You can return it through them.

elephants

1 minute ago, abl37 said: