Motorola locking devices despite supporting right to repair...

(I advise for anyone to know what i'm talking about to watch this vid for this to make sense) 

October 2020: I bought a Motorola z4 from ebay and it was a salvage listing with a cracked screen and cracked back, just as a test I enrolled my fingerprint on the underscreen fingerprint sensor, it works with cracks on the screen (with the factory screen) no problem. I fix the screen with iFixit parts (which is a motorola oem part outlet) and I make sure everything is lined up and when I turn it on it does not read my fingerprint with the original print on the original screen so I delete the previous print and replace it with a new fingerprint reading on the new screen and it reads it and confirms that it took the fingerprint but now it instantly fails any reading that is attempted. So I think "oh I did something wrong on installation, i'll just use face unlock instead".

January 2021: I'm at a amazon fresh store waiting in line, I go to use my face unlock twiddling for my phone and the smooth metal body slips right out of my hand and lands on the concrete exploding into a million pieces. (somehow the screen still works) I then order another screen from iFixit and now I more carefully line up the transparent spot of the screen with the sensor and its spot on, I have never spent a full hour just lining up a screen to a sensor, I put everything back together, set up a new fingerprint reading and it still fails every single time. So I'm now under the impression that it's now a software thing blocking out the reader from "reading" my fingerprint. Should I take my problem to motorola and put in a ticket for repair? or should I just dump the fingerprint sensor and keep entering in my 16 digit pin while I have my mask on?  

7 minutes ago, Some guy lost over the sun said:

Should I take my problem to motorola and put in a ticket for repair? or should I just dump the fingerprint sensor and keep entering in my 16 digit pin while I have my mask on?  

Try a custom ROM,CyanogenMod,Lineage OS,and there are many more options to install.

You can use TWRP if you want.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

1 hour ago, Vishera said:

Try a custom ROM,CyanogenMod,Lineage OS,and there are many more options to install.

You can use TWRP if you want.

that's a idea