Can my Psu handle ?

Sheanfabs

Can my cv550 handle 2 gpu im already using rtx 2060 super im planning to buy rx 570 8gb

for mining and yea im planning to buy better psu soon for mining or recommend something for me would like some suggestion thanks 

It will probably be enough, especially if you modify the gpu clocks on the 570 to get lower power consumption.  

However, I suggest you don't buy a video card now, unless you don't pay for electricity - with a rx 570 your profits will be very small, you'll recover the cost of a video card in half a year or something like that. By that time, there's a high chance the prices will go down, or the complexity of the algorithm will increase and it will be even less profitable to mine.

7 minutes ago, Sheanfabs said:

Can my cv550 handle 2 gpu im already using rtx 2060 super im planning to buy rx 570 8gb

for mining and yea im planning to buy better psu soon for mining or recommend something for me would like some suggestion thanks 

it can handle it, but its still a crap PSU. You can use but i'd highly recommend replacing it.

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

6 minutes ago, mariushm said:

It will probably be enough, especially if you modify the gpu clocks on the 570 to get lower power consumption.  

However, I suggest you don't buy a video card now, unless you don't pay for electricity - with a rx 570 your profits will be very small, you'll recover the cost of a video card in half a year or something like that. By that time, there's a high chance the prices will go down, or the complexity of the algorithm will increase and it will be even less profitable to mine.

idk if the nicehash profitablity calculator is right but i can recover that in 2 months if the nicehash profitabilty calculator is right is right 

3 minutes ago, Downkey said:

it can handle it, but its still a crap PSU. You can use but i'd highly recommend replacing it.

yep soon i will replace it 

11 minutes ago, mariushm said:

so what gpu should i buy then ? i check each in nvidia the 1650 and 1660 have low profitability the 570 and 580 are higher in those 2 hmm 

1 minute ago, Sheanfabs said:

so what gpu should i buy then ? i check each in nvidia the 1650 and 1660 have low profitability the 570 and 580 are higher in those 2 hmm 

I'm saying it's not worth it. 

Anything you could buy, you would buy at too high price to be profitable.  Let's say you get lucky and buy a RX 570 used for 150$  (they sell NEW in local store for 250 euro here today, and 6 months ago I couldn't sell my RX 470  for 80 euro, can you imagine that...)

If you pay 0.1$ for 1kWh, you're probably gonna end up making something like 1.5$ A DAY after paying the electricity, probably even less... AS LONG AS the price will remain at around 1200$ for ETH, or whatever bitcoin is worth now.  

You could be mining for 60 days or as long as it takes for the minimum payout amount (for example 0.01 ETH or whatever) and by the time you get enough ETH or Bitcoin to convert to cash, the price may be only 900-1000$ instead of $1200, so you'll be paid only 1-1.2$ a day 

Anyway, the basic point is that you're still making 20-40$ a month with a single video card, with no guarantee prices will remain there... so if you pay $150 for a card, it would take you 4-5 months to recover the money you invested and then start to make a measly 20-30$ a month profit. 

33 minutes ago, mariushm said:

I'm saying it's not worth it. 

Anything you could buy, you would buy at too high price to be profitable.  Let's say you get lucky and buy a RX 570 used for 150$  (they sell NEW in local store for 250 euro here today, and 6 months ago I couldn't sell my RX 470  for 80 euro, can you imagine that...)

If you pay 0.1$ for 1kWh, you're probably gonna end up making something like 1.5$ A DAY after paying the electricity, probably even less... AS LONG AS the price will remain at around 1200$ for ETH, or whatever bitcoin is worth now.  

You could be mining for 60 days or as long as it takes for the minimum payout amount (for example 0.01 ETH or whatever) and by the time you get enough ETH or Bitcoin to convert to cash, the price may be only 900-1000$ instead of $1200, so you'll be paid only 1-1.2$ a day 

Anyway, the basic point is that you're still making 20-40$ a month with a single video card, with no guarantee prices will remain there... so if you pay $150 for a card, it would take you 4-5 months to recover the money you invested and then start to make a measly 20-30$ a month profit. 

ok i will stick with this thanks for the advice and i will wait