Can MSI GTX 680 Twin Frozr III fit in Dell OPTIPLEX 990

Kaloyn_Nikolov
Go to solution Solved by Fasauceome,
6 minutes ago, Kaloyn_Nikolov said:

No i bought a new 550W power supply 

that should make it work, power wise.

as for size, I modified one of these Dell models with an RX 470 Nitro from Sapphire, it barely fit. The 680 that you're looking at is a full inch longer, so unless you remove the hard drive cage, it likely wouldn't fit.

it would have to look something like this:

Info - Dell Optiplex 9020mt upgrade limitations   final result (10/10 would  not recommend) | Tom's Hardware Forum

If you do that, I also recommend adding a fan of some sort to intake cool air, cause the GTX 680 consumes a lot of power.

Hello, my friend is selling his graphics card(GTX 680 Twin Frozr III) and he say that i can bought with 50% off the price, but my pc is MiniTower and i dont know if will fit in my pc(mu friend live in another country). 

if anyone knows please answear. Thanks.

specs:

Intel Core i5-2500

PSU: 550W 

ram: 8gb

3 minutes ago, Kaloyn_Nikolov said:

my pc is MiniTower and i dont know if will fit in my pc

3 minutes ago, Kaloyn_Nikolov said:

Intel Core i5-2500

PSU: 550W 

ram: 8gb

you didn't list the tower that you are using so we can't answer that

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

you didn't list the tower that you are using so we can't answer that

My tower is Dell OPTIPLEX 990

1 minute ago, Kaloyn_Nikolov said:

My tower is Dell OPTIPLEX 990

The dell optiplex mini tower like this?

Dell OptiPlex 990 Mini Tower Computer Intel Core i7 (2600) 3.4GHz 4GB DDR3  250GB HDD - A

I believe the hard drive cage on these models can be removed, it should just fit. However, are you using the original power supply that came with your optiplex?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, Fasauceome said:

The dell optiplex mini tower like this?

Dell OptiPlex 990 Mini Tower Computer Intel Core i7 (2600) 3.4GHz 4GB DDR3  250GB HDD - A

I believe the hard drive cage on these models can be removed, it should just fit. However, are you using the original power supply that came with your optiplex?

6 minutes ago, Kaloyn_Nikolov said:

that should make it work, power wise.

as for size, I modified one of these Dell models with an RX 470 Nitro from Sapphire, it barely fit. The 680 that you're looking at is a full inch longer, so unless you remove the hard drive cage, it likely wouldn't fit.

it would have to look something like this:

Info - Dell Optiplex 9020mt upgrade limitations   final result (10/10 would  not recommend) | Tom's Hardware Forum

If you do that, I also recommend adding a fan of some sort to intake cool air, cause the GTX 680 consumes a lot of power.

Primary PC: