Ryzen 5 5600X High Temps and noisy?

I just built my new computer with a ryzen 5600x cpu and it seems to be running hot. I am not exactly sure what the expected temps are though. my build is:

R5 5600x

Stock Wraith Cooler (Came with the CPU)

MB Asus Prime B550-Plus

RAM Team Group Kit 16gb (2x8) ddr4 3600mhz delta

RTX 3070

Western Digital Black 1TB SN750

Toshiba p300 2tb 7200rpm

Corsair RM750 80+ Gold

and a Phanteks Eclipse P400 Air case

It usually runs at around 45-55 ºC while doing nothing and it seems to always be very noisy.I'm a noob at this and I wouldn't now I to do some better testing so I would apprecciate some help. Just now I opened VALORANT on mininum settings with some chrome tabs on too and it instantly got to around 75-80ºC, but that hasn't been common. Excluding this one occurrence, from what I've searched the temps are not awful for a stock cooler but, my issue is more with the noise, it kind annoys me. I've tried to listen but I can't really figure out if it's coming from the cpu cooler or the 3 case fans but I think it's the cooler. I would like an opinion if I should get a new CPU Cooler or not. I was looking at the Noctua NH-U12A as the D15 is too big for my case apparently. I would really like some help on this matter, Thank you very much!

if your cpu cooler makes too much noise and is annoying you, then try looking up what fans can give good temps whilst making less noise.

because if you're dissatisfied with your pc then you're gonna have a bad time untill you change it.

i guess you can try to turn off the case fans for a minute or two and see if the noise is still there

Anything i've written between the * and * is not meant to be taken seriously.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

19 minutes ago, joaov17 said:

45-55 ºC

I believe those temps are normal or actually pretty good...

19 minutes ago, joaov17 said:

instantly got to around 75-80ºC

what are you using to measure this anyway? if this is "junction" temp then this is also very normal... if it is "cpu" temp then it's a bit toasty but still okay I guess (although that would probably mean your junction temp is a lot higher even, so I suppose that *is* junction temp) 

20 minutes ago, joaov17 said:

my issue is more with the noise,

oh ok, I see  did you try setting a custom fan curve? for some reason ryzen default fancurve *is* very annoying... lol. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

On 1/28/2021 at 1:45 PM, flashiling said:

if your cpu cooler makes too much noise and is annoying you, then try looking up what fans can give good temps whilst making less noise.

because if you're dissatisfied with your pc then you're gonna have a bad time untill you change it.

i guess you can try to turn off the case fans for a minute or two and see if the noise is still there

Yeah I agree. i thought about doing that and I went on BIOS and turn all the case fans off and applied it but they did not turn off for some reason.. maybe I had to booy the pc with those settings? idk

On 1/28/2021 at 1:51 PM, Mark Kaine said:

I believe those temps are normal or actually pretty good...

what are you using to measure this anyway? if this is "junction" temp then this is also very normal... if it is "cpu" temp then it's a bit toasty but still okay I guess (although that would probably mean your junction temp is a lot higher even, so I suppose that *is* junction temp) 

oh ok, I see  did you try setting a custom fan curve? for some reason ryzen default fancurve *is* very annoying... lol. 

Oh really ? I've seen people with 30-40 so I thought it was bad

I used CPUID HWMonitor and the AMD Ryzen Master app. It was a one time thing tho! Idk what happened there. it seemed very weird.

I didn't actually. I will do some research on that. Thanks!

On 1/28/2021 at 8:38 AM, joaov17 said:

Just now I opened VALORANT on mininum settings with some chrome tabs on too and it instantly got to around 75-80ºC, but that hasn't been common.

Assuming you're not capping your framerate, that's probably a huge workload. Under those conditions Valorant is probably going to run as fast as it can until your CPU limits it. If that's the case, I'm not surprised it hit 75-80 with the Wraith Stealth cooler.

On 1/28/2021 at 8:38 AM, joaov17 said:

I just built my new computer with a ryzen 5600x cpu and it seems to be running hot. I am not exactly sure what the expected temps are though. my build is:

R5 5600x

Stock Wraith Cooler (Came with the CPU)

MB Asus Prime B550-Plus

RAM Team Group Kit 16gb (2x8) ddr4 3600mhz delta

RTX 3070

Western Digital Black 1TB SN750

Toshiba p300 2tb 7200rpm

Corsair RM750 80+ Gold

and a Phanteks Eclipse P400 Air case

It usually runs at around 45-55 ºC while doing nothing and it seems to always be very noisy.I'm a noob at this and I wouldn't now I to do some better testing so I would apprecciate some help. Just now I opened VALORANT on mininum settings with some chrome tabs on too and it instantly got to around 75-80ºC, but that hasn't been common. Excluding this one occurrence, from what I've searched the temps are not awful for a stock cooler but, my issue is more with the noise, it kind annoys me. I've tried to listen but I can't really figure out if it's coming from the cpu cooler or the 3 case fans but I think it's the cooler. I would like an opinion if I should get a new CPU Cooler or not. I was looking at the Noctua NH-U12A as the D15 is too big for my case apparently. I would really like some help on this matter, Thank you very much!

If you’re not sure which fans are making the annoying noise, just stop them with your finger one at a time while the pc is running to find the culprit(s). If you need fan recommendations, let me know. 

I barely heard the stock cooler even at 3500rpm Lol..

Your system must be nice and quiet 🙂

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 EVO, 1x T30

Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14

Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3060/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X, SN770

Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact RGB, Many CFM's

2 hours ago, joaov17 said:

Oh really ? I've seen people with 30-40 so I thought it was bad

I used CPUID HWMonitor and the AMD Ryzen Master app. It was a one time thing tho! Idk what happened there. it seemed very weird.

I didn't actually. I will do some research on that. Thanks!

The idle temps are not normal.  My 5800x idles at 29-33.  What are your idle frequencies?  Mine drop to 2.196.  I wouldn't worry about 75-80 while gaming.  AMD (engineer maybe?) said 5600X can operate at 95C by design.  It's a scary number but just something we're going to have to get used to.

On 1/29/2021 at 4:06 PM, typographie said:

Assuming you're not capping your framerate, that's probably a huge workload. Under those conditions Valorant is probably going to run as fast as it can until your CPU limits it. If that's the case, I'm not surprised it hit 75-80 with the Wraith Stealth cooler.

Well I did not change anything so I don't think so. Okay that's good. But would you recommend getting a better cooler anyway?

Thanks!

On 1/29/2021 at 4:08 PM, 1982 Original said:

If you’re not sure which fans are making the annoying noise, just stop them with your finger one at a time while the pc is running to find the culprit(s). If you need fan recommendations, let me know. 

I thought that was dangerous and I could damage them tbh, that's why I did not do that. Thank you

On 1/29/2021 at 6:08 PM, merrybird12345 said:

The idle temps are not normal.  My 5800x idles at 29-33.  What are your idle frequencies?  Mine drop to 2.196.  I wouldn't worry about 75-80 while gaming.  AMD (engineer maybe?) said 5600X can operate at 95C by design.  It's a scary number but just something we're going to have to get used to.

Tbh I'm kind of a noob and couldn't tell you. Thank you, that's a relief. But would you still recommend getting a better cooler?

Thank you

3 hours ago, joaov17 said:

I thought that was dangerous and I could damage them tbh, that's why I did not do that. Thank you

Unless it’s a blowymatron, it’s not dangerous to the fingers, you only need to touch the center hub anyway. As soon as you place a bit of pressure, they shut themselves off for a few seconds. Virtually no chance of damaging them.