X570 Motherboard not compatible with rtx 3070

i just got my inno3d ichill x3 rtx 3070 in the mail and wanted to install it on my tuf x570, only to find out that a part of the backplate hits the chipset cooler and prohibits the card from being fully inserted into the slotIMG_20210126_153824.thumb.jpg.4f24f5aefb862ce4faf9ac7f809a68b4.jpg

obviusly i contacted the asus support since i thought that since i couldnt see any warning that some gpus might not fit this motherboard when buying it, and the same for the gpu. the answer was that this is a issue and nothing more.

the inno3d support answerd me aswel, they asked for a picture and havent answerd since

i have a week left to return the 3070 to the retailer

i dont want to return the 3070 since i got a "good" deal on it and it took me months to get this 3070

a vertical mount cant be done since i need other pcie slots

the lower pciex16 slot has the same issue

who looks for this sord of stuff when buying a gpu ?

i guess im fucked and need to either return the gpu and pay probably 150 euro more to get one now or wait months or i buy a b550 mobo for 170 euro

update!! i was able to sell the tuf x570 and buy a b550 board, the gpu fits on the board, but the pc doesnt post with it 😞 so i have to rma that

this is my fucking luck with buyin shit, i get this stuff all the time

)

Hmmmm

Also Why cant you just get a GPU raiser cable and mount the GPU somewhere  else, worst case using good old cableties?

Considering the currently horrible supply I would check if there is any silicon under it looks like there is non.

And just go for it and cut or file away that small piece of GPU....

Also a new MOBO would be a lot simpler to get and easier to get.

Seems more like the GPU has the problem not the motherboard.  

All boards are going to have some sort of chipset cooling there.  
A different board may or may not help.  

Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

1 minute ago, Exidor said:

Hmmmm

Also Why cant you just get a GPU raiser cable and mount the GPU somewhere with else like worst case good old cableties?

Considering the currently horrible supply I would check if there is any silicon under it looks like there is non.

And just go for it and cut or file away that small piece of GPU....

Also a new MOBO would be a lot simpler to get and easier to get.

a vertical mount would take 7 slots, i need at least one slot for my wifi card since i cant run ethernet. i could file away parts of the backplate and the cooler baseplate, but id rather get a new mobo sicne that would viod the fuck out of my waranty and i couldnt even check if the gpu works or not.

i could probably sell my motherboard on ebay for 100 euro and get a strix b550 a for 160 euo, that would be cheaper than a decent vertical mount

Yea I also think that most motherboards will have something there....

How high is that thing? Can you measure how much clearance there is? So maybe people can recommend you a MOBO?

3 minutes ago, KWelz said:

Seems more like the GPU has the problem not the motherboard.  

All boards are going to have some sort of chipset cooling there.  
A different board may or may not help.  

yes if the gpu woudlnt have that screw in that position (all the other screws dont go out like that) it wouldnt be an issue. my hope is that a b550 board that doesnt need active cooling could work,

7 minutes ago, Charles Legrerg said:

a vertical mount would take 7 slots, i need at least one slot for my wifi card since i cant run ethernet. i could file away parts of the backplate and the cooler baseplate, but id rather get a new mobo sicne that would viod the fuck out of my waranty and i couldnt even check if the gpu works or not.

i could probably sell my motherboard on ebay for 100 euro and get a strix b550 a for 160 euo, that would be cheaper than a decent vertical mount

If your case is wide enough you could stuff a nut under the screw in holes for the back plate and just lift it and use a raiser cable that way?

You could also get a big ass case that has like 10 PCI slots and just shift the whole thing down using a riser cable....

But that is some mighty stupid GPU design.

Especially as that stupid screw holes seems to be there just for show. For GAMA styling reasons.......

3 minutes ago, Exidor said:

Yea I also think that most motherboards will have something there....

How high is that thing? Can you measure how much clearance there is? So maybe people can recommend you a MOBO?

its 2mm over the pcb and 1mm over the rest of the backpalte. from how it looks to me it its that 1mm that is to much. ny case would likely be big enought to try something with a nut and a riser cable, but i dont have either of those and woud like to go for a "clean" look without this sord of stuff (thats why i dont want to file of parts of the chipset cooler (also becuase i own a screwdriver and no other tools)

Post the height in mm so ppl can tell you if they know a board that fits.

I have a Gigabyte X570 auros extreme and it would probably fit as the heat sink is very flat. But that board is expensive and sort of overkill.

Post the height in mm so ppl can tell you if they know a board that fits.

I have a Gigabyte X570 auros extreme and it would probably fit as the heat sink is very flat. But that board is expensive and sort of overkill.

you mean the height of the chipset cooler ?

1 minute ago, Charles Legrerg said:

you mean the height of the chipset cooler ?

Well yea the maximum height that would still fit the card

Also maybe a full shot of where exactly on the card that idiotic screw is seems to be somewhere in the first half from your picture.

or get a cheap mobo... better than nothing and enjoy the power of a RTX 3070 🤷🏼

ps: do you really need a B550? 

https://www.idealo.de/preisvergleich/OffersOfProduct/200417225_-b550m-s2h-gigabyte.html

I bet there are even cheaper 450... although granted it's hard to tell in which this gpu would even fit... 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

16 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

or get a cheap mobo... better than nothing and enjoy the power of a RTX 3070 🤷🏼

ps: do you really need a B550? 

https://www.idealo.de/preisvergleich/OffersOfProduct/200417225_-b550m-s2h-gigabyte.html

I bet there are even cheaper 450... although granted it's hard to tell in which this gpu would even fit... 

the one thing that i 100% want in a diffrent mobo would be asus aura since the other software is total garbage. i also only have this once cpu so if it doesnt have bios flashback a b450 board would be useles. my best bet right now would be the b550 strix imo since it has the same connectors, vrm etc (also the looks are great)

1 hour ago, Exidor said:

Well yea the maximum height that would still fit the card

Also maybe a full shot of where exactly on the card that idiotic screw is seems to be somewhere in the first half from your picture.

i couldnt mesure the distance yet, but by going of the photos i have to asume the chipset cooler is about 4 to 5 mm high and 1mm to high. i can mesure it correctly in like 2 hours

Edited by Charles Legrerg
i forgot to add something

3 minutes ago, Charles Legrerg said:

i couldnt mesure the distance yet, but by going of the photos i have to asume the chipset cooler is about 4 to 5 mm high and 1mm to high. i can mesure it correctly in like 2 hours

Sure I just think knowing that will make your life easier as I think most MOBO manufacturers have a heat sink there and do not post official dimensions.

9 minutes ago, Exidor said:

Sure I just think knowing that will make your life easier as I think most MOBO manufacturers have a heat sink there and do not post official dimensions.

by mesuring the distance in some photos it looks like the b550 strix boards should be fine.

i decided to sell the tuf x570 and get a b550 board since that is cheaper than getting a diffrent gpu, and if the b550 board doesnt fit i can send it back (i dont want to send the gpu back)

Yea I would advice against returning a GPU right now.

Getting a replacement will be a pain.

Yea I would advice against returning a GPU right now.

Getting a replacement will be a pain.

i wouldnt say i got a great deal but since then the prices for 3070s have gone up by 150 euo so it will be cheaper to get a new motherboard and sell my current one since i am sure that i can get at least 75euro or more for it