What is direc x

iunttabuzwzdkqh

Can someone explain what direct x is, I'm getting really high temps in gta on 100 fps on normal settings on my 1070.... I wonder if direct x has something to do with it, it said direct x 10 something... 

5 minutes ago, iunttabuzwzdkqh said:

Can someone explain what direct x is, I'm getting really high temps in gta on 100 fps on normal settings on my 1070.... I wonder if direct x has something to do with it, it said direct x 10 something... 

To very much simplify it, DirectX is this thing that sits between the game and your hardware and the game uses it to get input from keyboard and mouse and such and to produce video and audio, so no, it's not a bad thing or anything like that.

If you are getting high temps, it's a physical issue: you either have bad airflow in your case or the GPU's fan(s) are bad.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

7 minutes ago, iunttabuzwzdkqh said:

I forgot to ask: what do you mean with "high temps" specifically? How many degrees?

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

4 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

I forgot to ask: what do you mean with "high temps" specifically? How many degrees?

75+ which on normal setting makes the game look terrible, it looked better on my old ps4... Sucks how pc companies make us pay for  expensive shit and then don't make anything optimized

Just now, iunttabuzwzdkqh said:

75+

That's nothing to worry about. Up to about 85C for the GPU under load is normal.

18 minutes ago, iunttabuzwzdkqh said:

75+ which on normal setting makes the game look terrible, it looked better on my old ps4... Sucks how pc companies make us pay for  expensive shit and then don't make anything optimized

All ps4 use the same hardware, that's why it's optimized. A pc has so many variables that it would be impossible to optime a game for pc because everybody runs different hardware.

My Rig: CPU : 10700K | RAM : Trident Z Neo 3600Mhz c16 32G (4x8) | CPU cooler : NHD15 | GPU : ASUS ProArt 4070 | PSU : Corsair RM850 (black label) | CASE : Corsair 5000D Airflow | Storage : Samsung 970 evo 1TB, WD Black 1TB, Samsung evo 850 Sata SSD | Casefans : Lian Li Unifan SL120 7X|

MOUSE : G Pro Wireless X superlight | Keyboard : Keychron C1- Pro-H1 Gateron Milky Reds

1 minute ago, ItsAcid said:

A pc has so many variables that it would be impossible to optime a game for pc

it's not impossible lol, it's just a lot of the bigger developers like ROCKSTAR don't give a hoot, they know their games will sell gangbusters, optimized or not... and optimization cost money so they rather go with the lowest effort approach. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

1 minute ago, Mark Kaine said:

it's not impossible lol, it's just a lot of the bigger developers like ROCKSTAR don't give a hoot, they know their games will sell gangbusters, optimized or not... and optimization cost money so they rather go with the lowest effort approach. 

Ye, kinda overexaggerated. It can be done, but it would be very time-consuming unlike a console. I actually think gta v is pretty well optimized tho.

My Rig: CPU : 10700K | RAM : Trident Z Neo 3600Mhz c16 32G (4x8) | CPU cooler : NHD15 | GPU : ASUS ProArt 4070 | PSU : Corsair RM850 (black label) | CASE : Corsair 5000D Airflow | Storage : Samsung 970 evo 1TB, WD Black 1TB, Samsung evo 850 Sata SSD | Casefans : Lian Li Unifan SL120 7X|

MOUSE : G Pro Wireless X superlight | Keyboard : Keychron C1- Pro-H1 Gateron Milky Reds

too high temps?  there's always a solution! 

only issue is you need someone to pour while u play, I suggest taking turns! 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

53 minutes ago, iunttabuzwzdkqh said:

pc companies have nothing to do with optimization, that's all on game devs. also, how many years ago was the 1070 released? and how many updates has GTAV had? 100+ fps is still pretty decent, I would look at your settings. 

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

*** Thread cleaned ***

I'll come back later and fix some collateral damage. Tip: quoting pointless posts means your reply might also be removed.

E: Fixed.

Edited by LogicalDrm

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

5 hours ago, iunttabuzwzdkqh said:

pay for  expensive shit and then don't make anything optimized

well that's because there are a million possible PC configurations and only 7 different consoles( PS4 (pro ), PS5, Xbox one (X) and Xbox series ( X/S)

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler