Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Does high airflow case with front mesh matters?

so i am buying a new budget case and i ordered the one which doesn't have mesh in front, the other one didn't look that impressive to me in terms of looks so got the best looking one (atleast according to me 馃槢)

I told my brother about it and he said it won't have good airflow because of no mesh and having glass in front, i am eager to get it because i love how it looks, the one with front mesh doesn't look too bad either and i was confused b/w them for a minute or two then went with the one which has no front mesh now my issue as you obviously see

although i don't have any high wattage component, it's a modest 750 ti and i5 7500 so i doubt i need a perfect airflow case, it's just that for something in future it might be helpful but as of rn i don't see the point

PC Specs : Intel Core i5 7500 | Zotac GTX 750 Ti | MSI H110M PRO-VD | Hynix 16GB 2666MHz | 120GB Crucial BX500 | 1+2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM | Circle 500W APFC PSU |聽Ant Esports ICE-211TG | 2x 120mm ARGB Case Fans (Front and Rear)

Peripherals : HP 22es 1080p IPS Monitor | Redragon M609 RGB Gaming Mouse | TVS EGold Bharat Mechanical Keyboard | Redgear Pro Wired Game Controller | F&D A110 2.1 Stereo Speakers | Dell 1TB Ext. HDD

TV : Sanyo 32" 1366x768 HD Ready TV (XT-32S7000H)

Phone : Realme C3 (4GB LPDDR4X RAM / 64 GB eMMC 5.1 ROM with Helio G70 CPU and Mali G52-MC2 GPU and additional 64GB Sandisk Ultra Class 10 UHS-1 SD Card)

It does matter. Gamers Nexus has plenty of videos about it. But in all honesty, it'll probably be fine.

I think the 125W TDP between your CPU and GPU isn't gonna come close to maxing out a poor airflow case.

as long at the temps are fin shouldn't have a problem. the point is if temps well gaming hit a max it down聽clocks to keep temps low. so guys that want max clockes also want low temps. as for long jevaty there no prof that it聽will make it last longer in theory it should but who nos and 10 years from now if you pc still works odds are you all ready upgraded any way. not saying old pcs dont have value all depends on is it worth the extra cost now to maybe save it down the road.

on the other side its free performance getting a better air cooled case. just like overclocking.

side note is Gamers Nexus test each case with the same test bench so the temps you see are for that set of hardware. meaning that els were in the world and different components have different airflow and temps he also test in a temp controlled room.

Edited by thrasher_565

*front mesh* doesn't matter. But you do need to have an ample sized intake somewhere on the case. Take my case for instance, silverstone ft02. It's widely considered as one of the best air cooling cases and it has absolutely no air coming from the front, it's a solid aluminum panel. But it has a 60cm long bottom section with three 180mm fans taking air in from a 6cm open pedastool base.聽

Lots of air needs to get into the case and be exhausted from the case. That's called air flow. Front to back is the most common path, but not the only one. And cheaper cases tend to follow the front to back route. Check the manufacturer's web page to see if you have a bottom intake or maybe even a side intake like the market dominating lian li o11.聽

14 minutes ago, chimimoryo said:

*front mesh* doesn't matter. But you do need to have an ample sized intake somewhere on the case. Take my case for instance, silverstone ft02. It's widely considered as one of the best air cooling cases and it has absolutely no air coming from the front, it's a solid aluminum panel. But it has a 60cm long bottom section with three 180mm fans taking air in from a 6cm open pedastool base.聽

Lots of air needs to get into the case and be exhausted from the case. That's called air flow. Front to back is the most common path, but not the only one. And cheaper cases tend to follow the front to back route. Check the manufacturer's web page to see if you have a bottom intake or maybe even a side intake like the market dominating lian li o11.聽

decided not to upgrade my case so cancelled the order and going with a used gpu upgrade from 750 ti to 1050 ti, i had two options and i think i chose the right one because front usb is not that important as i have 6 usb ports at back of my board and many people don't even use it, might get one later after few months

PC Specs : Intel Core i5 7500 | Zotac GTX 750 Ti | MSI H110M PRO-VD | Hynix 16GB 2666MHz | 120GB Crucial BX500 | 1+2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM | Circle 500W APFC PSU |聽Ant Esports ICE-211TG | 2x 120mm ARGB Case Fans (Front and Rear)

Peripherals : HP 22es 1080p IPS Monitor | Redragon M609 RGB Gaming Mouse | TVS EGold Bharat Mechanical Keyboard | Redgear Pro Wired Game Controller | F&D A110 2.1 Stereo Speakers | Dell 1TB Ext. HDD

TV : Sanyo 32" 1366x768 HD Ready TV (XT-32S7000H)

Phone : Realme C3 (4GB LPDDR4X RAM / 64 GB eMMC 5.1 ROM with Helio G70 CPU and Mali G52-MC2 GPU and additional 64GB Sandisk Ultra Class 10 UHS-1 SD Card)