Hello, Need Some help guys Dell PE 2300

Hello, I was giving this Dell Power Edge Server I know its pretty old but you have to start some where right? I have other's but trying this one out first. Anyway my issue is I was able to find out how to enter the raid card menu and was able to get info on them but I think one of the SCSI hard drives need to be replaced but I don't understand the menu
Anyone help and tell me what this means? And what drive letter or number don't know what Channel 1-1 means

dell.jpg

It's not channel 1-1 

it's channel 0 and channel 1. Just looks like 1-1 lol. 

So you are trying to run in raid or SCSI? You have to select which one. (guessing raid then?)

If I'm not mistaken, Raid is channel 0 and SCSI is channel 1. 

6 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

It's not channel 1-1 

it's channel 0 and channel 1. Just looks like 1-1 lol. 

So you are trying to run in raid or SCSI? You have to select which one. (guessing raid then?)

If I'm not mistaken, Raid is channel 0 and SCSI is channel 1. 

I'm not sure It has windows server 2000 already on it. Has a password on it and When I tried deleting the password with a program it said failed I believe. So I was checking the hard drives and found that menu. And it says error. So I though sense it says error I think one of the drives are bad? I'm hoping it has bit coins on it or something lol.

4 minutes ago, helsing said:

I'm not sure It has windows server 2000 already on it. Has a password on it and When I tried deleting the password with a program it said failed I believe. So I was checking the hard drives and found that menu. And it says error. So I though sense it says error I think one of the drives are bad? I'm hoping it has bit coins on it or something lol.

What's with the @wkdpaul quote? .....

Anyhow, just from the age of the system, mid to late 90s, the drive could be bad yes.

In bios, you either want to set raid or scsi. But it looks like you have one drive that's SCSI, you could try and change bios to SCSI mode instead see what happens. 

2 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

What's with the @wkdpaul quote? .....

Anyhow, just from the age of the system, mid to late 90s, the drive could be bad yes.

In bios, you either want to set raid or scsi. But it looks like you have one drive that's SCSI, you could try and change bios to SCSI mode instead see what happens. 

Oh that was mistake ha ha iunno what I did. Anyway. I don't know how to enter the bios again. I don't see it asking to hit F2 anymore.

Just now, helsing said:

Oh that was mistake ha ha iunno what I did. Anyway. I don't know how to enter the bios again. I don't see it asking to hit F2 anymore.

Your guess is as good as mine at this point. Haven't played with a system that old in probably more than a decade now..... lol

5 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Your guess is as good as mine at this point. Haven't played with a system that old in probably more than a decade now..... lol

Oh i found it by just mashing the F2 key lol >.>
It says primary scsi on and secondary scsi on

dell dos 1.jpg

dell dos 2.jpg

47 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

So which hard drive is bad and what number is it its labeled 0-6 right to left on the case.