Enthusiast Keyboard

Harit Paurana

Hi guys, so I'm planning to build another custom keyboard. This time, I'm going all out, full enthusiast. Do yall have any board-switch ideas? I would prefer wireless, but if wireless isn't an option, then and then only I can go wired. As for form factor, I prefer 75% or 80%, but if yall have any other suggestions, please do lemme know. I'm not sure, but is the Mountain Everest Max worth it? I was also going to buy a gaming keyboard from logitech, but I couldn't decide if I should go for the G915 or the G915 TKL. I am a coder and a video editor as well, but I already have a streamdeck max. Are the six macros on the G915 worth it?

On 1/28/2021 at 11:14 AM, Harit Paurana said:

Hi guys, so I'm planning to build another custom keyboard. This time, I'm going all out, full enthusiast. Do yall have any board-switch ideas? I would prefer wireless, but if wireless isn't an option, then and then only I can go wired. As for form factor, I prefer 75% or 80%, but if yall have any other suggestions, please do lemme know. I'm not sure, but is the Mountain Everest Max worth it? I was also going to buy a gaming keyboard from logitech, but I couldn't decide if I should go for the G915 or the G915 TKL. I am a coder and a video editor as well, but I already have a streamdeck max. Are the six macros on the G915 worth it?

What is your budget for this build? Do you have the tools to solder? Where are you from?
As for the Mountain Everest Max, it is not worth it. The Glorious GMMK has most of the Everest's features while costing half the Everest price.

Big boi caveiat: Im not a native English user, i can totally bottled up the meaning of the words
A kid with a dream
thank you :D 

On 1/27/2021 at 8:14 PM, Harit Paurana said:

An enthusiast board! Expect to pay over $100 for a decent custom keyboard. A nice site that has parts in stock is KBDfans, Link Here, they have PCBs, cases, switches, PCB

plates, you name it! I don't think that you currently have a soldering machine, so the DZ60RGB would be a good choice as a hotswap PCB for you instead. I personally would either go with a tofu 60, a nice aluminum one available in a variety of different colors, or a wooden case. You can look at all the available ones  Here, just make sure that it works with the PCB. I think that you can find the rest of the materials yourself, just browse the website!   

If you want to cheat and get a fake "Custom" keyboard without doing any work, than the GMMK would be a good choice.

GMMK pro is a 75% keyboard. It's not released yet but It looks hella good. You'd need to provide your own switches and keycaps. 

CPU - FX 8350 @ 4.5GHZ GPU - Radeon 5700  Mobo - M5A99FX Pro R2.0 RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB @ 1600 PSU - Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO Storage - Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Blue 1TB