Is Corsair H45 good for Ryzen 5 3600

Sriyashas

My temps are really bad (around 90 under load) with stock cooler so I'm looking for an inexpensive cooler. I read that the Hyper 212 is really good, but the H45 is about the same price. If it isn't good, then what cooler do I take. 

( I live in India)

Note: H45 is in tier 3 of the cooling tier list but not really sure what that means 

Depending on what deals you can find, you might be able to find a Noctua U14S at nearly the same price as the H45 which would be a better cooling solution for you to be honest. The H45 works, and would be okay for your setup, but I would still reccomend a U14S if it works for you

My profile picure is real. That's what I look like in real life. I'm actually a blue and white African Wild Dog.

Ryzen 9 5900X - MSI Ventus 2x OC 3060 Ti - 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz CL16 - ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax

EVGA CLC 280 + 2x140mm NF-A14 - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB + WD Black SN750 1TB - Windows 11/10 - EVGA Supernova G3 1000W

U14S Costs Rs 9899 ($130 - 140)

The H45 costs Rs 4500 ($60)

Hyper 212 costs Rs 4300 ($55)

Corsair H100X costs Rs 8500 ($110 - 120)

1USD = App 70-75 Rs

@DaJakerBoss

christ alive, where are you finding the U14S for $130 USD? Crazy how different markets are, it goes for around $65 here. H45 will be good for you.

My profile picure is real. That's what I look like in real life. I'm actually a blue and white African Wild Dog.

Ryzen 9 5900X - MSI Ventus 2x OC 3060 Ti - 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz CL16 - ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax

EVGA CLC 280 + 2x140mm NF-A14 - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB + WD Black SN750 1TB - Windows 11/10 - EVGA Supernova G3 1000W

NHU12s by Noctua. I use it with my 3600 and the temps are exceptional

Idle about 34c

Under full load on Cinebench about 69c

The H45 or the Hyper 212. Both will be fine and probably about the same. Buy whichever you prefer. 

On 1/27/2021 at 10:50 PM, Sriyashas said:

My temps are really bad (around 90 under load) with stock cooler so I'm looking for an inexpensive cooler. I read that the Hyper 212 is really good, but the H45 is about the same price. If it isn't good, then what cooler do I take. 

( I live in India)

Note: H45 is in tier 3 of the cooling tier list but not really sure what that means 

Honestly, neither is really good. If you can find something else in same price range, that might be better. But if those 4 are the options, then H45. It might cool better while being bit noisier.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

7 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Honestly, neither is really good. If you can find something else in same price range, that might be better. But if those 4 are the options, then H45. It might cool better while being bit noisier.

Anything more than a Hyper 212 on a Ryzen 3600 makes very little difference. With the Hyper 212 at $30-ish and the Black Edition at $40, I’m not to familiar with much better at that price point. Arctic Freezer, but their prices are jacked up all the time now. 

Is anything priced correctly there? Id-cooling se-224-xt basic or Deepcool Gammaxx 400 under 30$?

34 minutes ago, Jeppes said:

Is anything priced correctly there? Id-cooling se-224-xt basic or Deepcool Gammaxx 400 under 30$?

Yes, Deepcool Gamaxx 400 blue is like $20, but I'm not getting that because it looks terrible

Screenshot 2021-01-30 124651.png

34 minutes ago, Sriyashas said:

Or, do I just get the h60 as the price difference is not really much

Also fine. As I said earlier, any of those will make almost no difference. I’ve ran a Hyper 212 Black, Noctua Nhd15, Noctua U12s, Corsair h60, Cooler Master L120 lite, Be Quiet Pure Loop 120, 240, 280 all on my Ryzen 3600. There is almost no thermal difference between any of them. 60 to 70 watts is easy to cool. Buy whatever one that you like the looks of best. If you buy something like a Be Quiet unit, air or liquid, you get nicer fans and will run quieter. Same with Noctua. 

Edited by 1982 Original

Ok, but if I upgrade to say a ryzen 5800x, what would happen??

8 minutes ago, 1982 Original said:

Also fine. As I said earlier, any of those will make almost no difference. I’ve ran a Hyper 212 Black, Noctua Nhd15, Noctua U12s, Corsair h60, Cooler Master L120 lite, Be Quiet Pure Loop 120, 240, 280 all on my Ryzen 3600. There is almost no thermal difference between any of them. 60 to 70 watts is easy to cool. Buy whatever one that you like the looks of best. 

11 minutes ago, Sriyashas said:

Ok, but if I upgrade to say a ryzen 5800x, what would happen??

Then you probably want a nicer cooler. Those pull probably 100+ watts, though I don’t have one to test. They also cost $400+, so spending more on a cooler makes sense. 

For 5800x, Be Quiet and Noctua both have great air coolers in the $60 to $80 range. For AIO, look for 240mm or 280mm. Be Quiet Pure Loop is really good, and Corsair AIO are a staple. You will probably need to spend $100 to $120. Avoid the super cheap 240mm units.   

6 hours ago, Sriyashas said:

Yes, Deepcool Gamaxx 400 blue is like $20, but I'm not getting that because it looks terrible

Screenshot 2021-01-30 124651.png

How about Gammaxx GTE?

About $50. I'm not getting any of those or any other RGB cooler for that matter. Has to be black

11 minutes ago, Jeppes said:

How about Gammaxx GTE?

Although, I found an only black version of it for like $35-40. What do you recommend

Edited by Sriyashas