Fake "GTX 1050 Ti"

I_nochi

Recently i have bought a quote on quote "GTX 1050 Ti" on walmart's website (it was actually a third party selling it), and the price was quite low at 100 dollars. So, i bought it (when it was a obvious scam) and i recieved to what looks like a perfectly fine GPU, however it was actually a 500 series gpu with the GF116 chip. It was glitchy and even running ROBLOX (yes, roblox) the textures would get a new shade of color and crash. Then I tried Terraria, it would not even go into the game. Minecraft, it would crash again. I had to use the driver disc instead of a official driver from nvidia due to my PC stuck in a bluescreen loop after installing them. So, i gave up and put the GPU back in its box and went back to using the integrated graphics. A month later walmart gave me a full refund because of covid and let me keep the card. So, i decided to try to get it in a semi working condition and the best way i figured was to try to flash its bios and hopefully it would stop all of the bugs and things. Is this worth it and if it is, which bios do i use?

TL;DR, i bought a fake GPU and want to try to restore it with a bios flash, is it worth it and which bios do i use out of the 10 cards that use the GF116?

Note: My PC is perfectly up to date and is not a dinosaur. I just built it this year.image.png.673ae5b1db9cd2e52da713232e56cc72.pngCapture.PNG.6774e9365fbcd223209c7047091cb159.PNG

tl;dr, you have to mess with the actual BIOS chip on the card to make this work. It can be done and there are videos on Youtube of people doing it, but it's not as simple as flashing a VBIOS from your desktop.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.