Im an RGB noob and I need help..

So to start;

-MOBO: B450 Aorus M.

--Its has two VD G - D_LED1/2 headers that from what I've read on my manual are set to 5v by default.

---From what i've read RGB Fusion 2.0 might have something to do with this?

-Fans: (2) Bitspower Touchaqua Notos RGB 120mm

-- [ https://www.microcenter.com/product/616730/bitspower-touchaqua-notos-rgb-120mm-case-fan ]

The two fan plugs fit on the MOBOs headers but no lighting happens when the PC is powered on. Do I have the wrong fans? Am I installing something wrong? Do i need a header/controller for the fans to turn on? At this point im just completely lost and I just want a simple fan setup with one to be orange and one to be purple. Thanks for any help in advance. 

1 hour ago, Dynamonix said:

The two fan plugs fit on the MOBOs headers but no lighting happens when the PC is powered on. Do I have the wrong fans? Am I installing something wrong? Do i need a header/controller for the fans to turn on? At this point im just completely lost and I just want a simple fan setup with one to be orange and one to be purple. Thanks for any help in advance. 

Read the manual for the board. From the quick glance I had at it you need to enable it in the BIOS. Don't no what rev your board is but I'm assuming that it's the same no matter what. 

Here is the manual for you: https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_b450-aorus-m_1102_e.pdf

1 hour ago, Dynamonix said:

So to start;

-MOBO: B450 Aorus M.

--Its has two VD G - D_LED1/2 headers that from what I've read on my manual are set to 5v by default.

---From what i've read RGB Fusion 2.0 might have something to do with this?

-Fans: (2) Bitspower Touchaqua Notos RGB 120mm

-- [ https://www.microcenter.com/product/616730/bitspower-touchaqua-notos-rgb-120mm-case-fan ]

looks like your mb has all the of rgb/argb headers so just download the rgb software.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

3 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

looks like your mb has all the of rgb/argb headers so just download the rgb software.

Thanks for the reply! Software for RGB Fusion or Software for the fans?

Just now, Dynamonix said:

Thanks for the reply! Software for RGB Fusion or Software for the fans?

mb rgb sofware

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

37 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

mb rgb sofware

Just tried that, updated everthing, tried plugging in the fans by daisy chaining the fans together and individually with their corresponding led headers and still nothing. I find it hard to believe I received to faulty fans. Would you think my headers are fried on the motherboard itself? I also dont have an RGB controller and ive seen nothing saying these fans need one but could that cause issues? 

4 hours ago, Prometheus935 said:

Read the manual for the board. From the quick glance I had at it you need to enable it in the BIOS. Don't no what rev your board is but I'm assuming that it's the same no matter what. 

Here is the manual for you: https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_b450-aorus-m_1102_e.pdf

Read through it all and turned on the options for rgb fusion and still no lighting from fans. 

11 minutes ago, Dynamonix said:

Just tried that, updated everthing, tried plugging in the fans by daisy chaining the fans together and individually with their corresponding led headers and still nothing. I find it hard to believe I received to faulty fans. Would you think my headers are fried on the motherboard itself? I also dont have an RGB controller and ive seen nothing saying these fans need one but could that cause issues? 

well if theres are the fans there argb fans 5v 2+1 pin so they sould hook up to the argb 2+1 pin on the mb. i dont like daidy chaning as youe mb header can only handle 3 amps but this shuldd be under that.

then i think once you looked up your manufacturer of your mb and download the rgb software for your mb chip set then in the software i think you need to select what argb header its hooked too. i dont no much about mb software side.

Edited by thrasher_565

maybe try this rgb fusion 2.0

-> Moved to Cases and Mods

Are you having RGB directly connected to mobo or using the hub for RGB? If you have hub between fans and mobo, you need to use SATA to power that hub. Also, be sure that you don't connect those fans into any other header than that 5V-3pin one. Using the 4pin and 5pin headers will result LEDs burning out.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv