Please add a game engineer shader developer and 3D designer to your team.

Go to solution Solved by Arika,

LTT is not a game developer, there is NO reason why they would need any of what you're suggesting. They are not going to hire someone for a very very very niche knowledge that may or may not be relevant in a tiny subsection of videos

They have people that can do 3d work already.

Dear awesome channel!

Often I use Unity, Unreal for making games and 3D apps like Painter. In particular Iray, Unity in SLI HDRP, ray tracing, testing physics, Rhino7 render, Octane, Unreal 5. And shader careation OpenGL, Post process effects, etc...

Looks like is missing from your side experience and you are sharing wrong assumptions sometimes. It feels like is missing a experienced developer that makes content. Also for testing new upcoming features that are not in games but, we developers, use and need to make decisions. There is an improvement along the years from your side but recommend an "insider" a 3D content creator inside your team. 

For example in SLI video you do not test apps like Unity, Unreal, etc

Grazie e ciao belli!

What are you exactly asking for, to join the LTT team?

If you want to join them you need to apply for available positions from their website or they will contact you

LTT is not a game developer, there is NO reason why they would need any of what you're suggesting. They are not going to hire someone for a very very very niche knowledge that may or may not be relevant in a tiny subsection of videos

They have people that can do 3d work already.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

You are asking them to hire writer who specializes in video games. When they don't really cover that part of the industry outside of average consumers perspective. I would rather say that they should connect to someone with experience of game development to use as consultant or share opinions on WAN Shows. But just like with business analyst or actual practicing lawyer, those would cover very few and very niche topics time to time. For same reason they don't have network professional or handyman in-house. Since those project are like once a year. Easier and cheaper to just hire someone to do video over weekend.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

• 5 weeks later...

Yes!

The problem here is that sometimes when they talk about features as average consumer's perspective and giving wrong information instead the real insider knowledge. Looks like an average consumer speaking about when in reality Linus must be more inform or better about 3D software in general. My feeling is that needs more tech quality control before releasing.

Looks like a passenger on a plane talking about how comfortable it is and how airplanes are build in a general perspective but when he describe roughly how to use it (software features side) fails. And the reaction in your answers are: "LTT is not a game developer". I wish there is more TechTips for the general user. Instead of just hardware tips. And most average consumers are mining, printing 3D, making 3D models, making videos, reteaching photos or making video games. We users are rally advance. And we need Tech Tips. Using the GPU not just for gaming.

For example : So if he talk about PhysX he must understand what PhysX is and not the consumer knowledge with wrong assumption. Because emphasise the wrong knowledge to the general public. That can be fix with more quality control feedback.

What are you exactly asking for, to join the LTT team?

I'm available. But is not the intention of this thread.I wish they have a Unity, and Unreal tech person (better than me) that check the content. That they connect with someone good for 3D modeling, Photoshop, mining, deep learning, 3D photo scan, augmented reality, PhysX before making a related video. That explore Tech Tips more instead of giving, sometime bad assumption information taking out wrong information before video goes public.

32 minutes ago, Alan Mattano said:

And the reaction in your answers are: "LTT is not a game developer". I wish there is more TechTips for the general user. Instead of just hardware tips.

You are asking them to hire someone to cover things that are more specialized, not less. 

32 minutes ago, Alan Mattano said:

Most average consumers are mining, printing 3D, making 3D models, making videos, reteaching photos or making video games.

No, they're not. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

41 minutes ago, Alan Mattano said:

And most average consumers are mining, printing 3D, making 3D models, making videos, reteaching photos or making video games

Um...no. Absolutely not.

Most "average consumers" are buying a shitty HP laptop from Walmart because it was on sale and use it to browse Facebook.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

20 hours ago, Alan Mattano said:

And most average consumers are mining, printing 3D, making 3D models, making videos, reteaching photos or making video games

i want to know what your definition of "most" and "average" is.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

That they connect with someone good for 3D modeling, Photoshop, mining, deep learning, 3D photo scan, augmented reality, PhysX before making a related video.

they would do so if they think reaching out to that segment of audience is worth their time

linus have been branching out to different segment and his coverage have been expanding, so i think if it made sense, he would do so when he think it's the right time.

meanwhile you can always watch and support other channels that caters to the content you like, LTT is far from the only channel on youtube

LTT does do collabs with certain channels for niche subjects occasionally

And most average consumers are mining, printing 3D, making 3D models, making videos, reteaching photos or making video games. We users are rally advance. And we need Tech Tips. Using the GPU not just for gaming

out of everything you listed, only mining and making videos apply to me, and one of them in a loose sense

and i consider myself quite a heavy user for PC

the average consumer i know browse facebook, and the minority plays games, though gaming is starting to get more popular

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

You would be better off looking at reviews from Puget Systems. They do a ton of reviews that focus on workstation tasks over juvenile/young gamers, which happens to be a large focus audience for LTT. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card