My PC reboots when tabbing out of a game

RadeonFan

I have this really annonying problem with my recently new built rig, where i always get a black screen, follewed by an reboot when i tab out of a game and this happens in almost every game that puts a load on the gpu. I was able to recreate the problem in several games, i just tab out when my gpu (rx 5700 xt) is under full load, the screen turns black and the system reboots on it's own.

Like already mentioned, every part except for the psu is new and works properly, i just can't imagine that any other part can be the issue. The only explanation for me is that the psu can't handle the fast change of the load. I think the psu isn't a good quality one, sadly i can't test another one, because my ordered Seasonic prime gx 1300w hasn't arrived in months because of the pandemic or so, pretty weird stuff.

Anyway gaming really isn't fun anymore, when everytime i tab out the game, the pc instant reboots... I really tried everything i could, stress tested every thing, switched RAM modules, disabled xmp, fresh install of Windows and using DDU to install the  drivers properly. Nothing seems to help, except for not tabbing out while playing, but even that is impossible, because i forget about it and than it happens again.

My specs:

CPU:  Ryzen 9 3900 XT

RAM: 32 GB Gskill Trident z neo 3600 cl 16

MB: Aorus Master x570

GPU: Sapphire RX 5700 XT Nitro + SE

PSU: 700w Thermaltake Smart RGB

SSDs/HDD: 2x 1tb Samsung 970 nvme, 1tb Aorus Gen 4 pcie nvme (c drive), 8tb WD red

Case: Fractal Design S2 Vision RGB fully populated with fans, including a 360 Rad (Aorus AIO)

Any Suggestions or thoughts would be appreciated. 

TT Smart is a cheapass groupregulated unit. Your system needs something better than that.

That's pretty sad to hear. I didn't expect that it's such a bad unit. It was the only psu i had laying around at the moment i built it. It worked just fine with lower tier hardware, i guess it can't keep up. Thank you anways, i hope my new psu arrives soon. I've been waiting for 2 months and nobody knows when it will arrive. 

On 1/27/2021 at 11:22 PM, --SID-- said:

TT Smart is a cheapass groupregulated unit. Your system needs something better than that.

Okay so now things are starting to get out of control. The pc starts to reboot itself, even in idle. That isn't something new, but now when either I reboot the system, or when it reboots allone, it will not boot anymore, the vga led on the Motherboard lits up instead, and the debug led shows 5A -> internal cpu error(?). I noticed that behavior before but pressing the reset button once, fixed it always and i got the system to boot again. This time i have to use the power switch on the psu to get my system back running. I am really concirned right now, is that harmful for my system or can i live with that until my new psu arrives?