WE NEED LTT-STORE SCREWDRIVERS!

JohanKjeldahl7

WE NEED LTT-STORE SCREWDRIVERS!  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want something like this?

• YES RIGHT NOW
    • YES BUT LATER

Please, if anyone in charge sees this: Please make LTT Store Screwdrivers or a LTT Store x iFixit collaboration PC Build kit!!!

What is your opinion on this?

But now, fellow gamers, that was it for me. Please keep in mind, that this is just my personal opionion and I am no expert. Your system shall be cooled forever, see you next time.

2 minutes ago, comander said:

This could become a conflict of interest. LTT has been sponsored by iFixit before. 

As much as possible it makes sense for LTT-Store to NOT sell things directly related to LTT's sponsors and reviews. 

I don't quite get how this would be a conflict. If they have been working together, why not do it again but this time by creating a product?

But now, fellow gamers, that was it for me. Please keep in mind, that this is just my personal opionion and I am no expert. Your system shall be cooled forever, see you next time.

4 minutes ago, comander said:

This could become a conflict of interest. LTT has been sponsored by iFixit before. 

As much as possible it makes sense for LTT-Store to NOT sell things directly related to LTT's sponsors and reviews. 

Just now, JohanKjeldahl7 said:

I don't quite get how this would be a conflict. If they have been working together, why not do it again but this time by creating a product?

Add onto this, the orange screwdriver is a Snap On. $75 before LTT branding and mark up. iFixit would probably have a fit with sponsorships if LTT started selling their own screw driver, let alone one by a different brand.

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

1 minute ago, Voluspa said:

Add onto this, the orange screwdriver is a Snap On. $75 before LTT branding and mark up. iFixit would probably have a fit with sponsorships if LTT started selling their own screw driver, let alone one by a different brand.

Indeed it would probably be pretty expensive. Although I think they would try to make it as high quality as possible, so it might be worth the price.

1 minute ago, comander said:

If you co-brand it creates A LOT of complexities, both legal and logistic. 

LMG is still something like 30 people. Ideally they ride the wave of youtube for the next few years and don't worry TONS about a handful of pennies here and there for a screwdriver. 

It might make sense for LMG to lend their brand to another company but the moment you assume responsibility for another company's product... let's just say they'd probably want to hire a lawyer which... eugh. 

Ok this might be much more complicated than I thought at first. I still think it would be a great idea to at least try.

1 minute ago, JohanKjeldahl7 said:

Indeed it would probably be pretty expensive.

And that's another problem right there. I don't know what their mark up is on merch. If you figure the 3 pack of boxers. $50 for 3. Puma(tends to be moderately over priced) $30. The screwdriver could be very possibly be $100 once you figure cost of rebranding and their mark up to cover costs. The other part of the Snap On screwdriver specifically, most people that would buy it already have. I have 1 at home and one down here underground in my tool box. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

And that's another problem right there. I don't know what their mark up is on merch. If you figure the 3 pack of boxers. $50 for 3. Puma(tends to be moderately over priced) $30. The screwdriver could be very possibly be $100 once you figure cost of rebranding and their mark up to cover costs. The other part of the Snap On screwdriver specifically, most people that would buy it already have. I have 1 at home and one down here underground in my tool box. 

Yes 100$ is not very cheap and it would probably get higher. For me personally I would have to add about 35-45$ shipping and I actually had to pay about 20$ customs when it crossed the border which makes at least 155$ for me... (Of course not everyone has to pay this much shipping and customs.)

It's coming.  He's been testing it for a while.

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

Yes 100$ is not very cheap and it would probably get higher. For me personally I would have to add about 35-45$ shipping and I actually had to pay about 20$ customs when it crossed the border which makes at least 155$ for me... (Of course not everyone has to pay this much shipping and customs.)

For a screwdriver I could get for free. It just doesn't make sense for them. Best case scenario would be like  @comander said above. iFix it supplies and ships LTT branded stuff while giving LTT a kickback.

Project Hot Box

Oppbevaring

Why is the 5800x so hot?

1 minute ago, Velcade said:

It's coming.  He's been testing it for a while.

Actually? Where did you get this info from? I would love to read/watch more about that.

1 minute ago, TempestCatto said:

If you're really interested, Linus uses a Snap-On screw driver. He's linked it before somewhere here on the forum.

https://shop.snapon.com/product/Standard-Handle/8-3-4"-Ratcheting-Standard-Screwdriver-(Orange)/SSDMR4BO

It's 70 US dollars.

Thank you for the info!

weren't they working on a screwdriver in the past?

they showed it in a build stream, kind of mysteriously

EDIT: with the knowledge we have today, the "big project" could definitely be the mousepads too, but we can see a screwdriver too (the ratchet in his orange one broke if I remember correctly).

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

For a screwdriver I could get for free. It just doesn't make sense for them. Best case scenario would be like  @comander said above. iFix it supplies and ships LTT branded stuff while giving LTT a kickback.

Yes that would probably be the easiest way for every party.

Just now, minibois said:

weren't they working on a screwdriver in the past?

they showed it in a build stream, kind of mysteriously

@Velcade also said that they are already working on them. Do you know the exact stream by any chance?

2 minutes ago, JohanKjeldahl7 said:

Actually? Where did you get this info from? I would love to read/watch more about that.

You see the blue screw driver he uses from time to time that looks like his orange.  There was a thread a while ago about it's use and he couldn't officially confirm it but he did.

He mentioned it in a recent video too how he was using the snap-on but not for much longer.

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

@Velcade also said that they are already working on them. Do you know the exact stream by any chance?

I edited my post, as I found the forum thread that talked about the screwdriver and its appearances.

The "big project" stuff the thread talks about could also be the mousepads.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Just now, Velcade said:

You see the blue screw driver he uses from time to time that looks like his orange.  There was a thread a while ago about it's use and he couldn't officially confirm it but he did.

He mentioned it in a recent video too how he was using the snap-on but not for much longer.

I actually remember this scene. He was thanking a viewer for sending him a new orange one and afterwards said he will not be using it for long if I am not mistaken. Maybe this is the stream @minibois was mentioning.

2 minutes ago, minibois said:

I edited my post, as I found the forum thread that talked about the screwdriver and its appearances.

The "big project" stuff the thread talks about could also be the mousepads.

Oh that is a really important thread on this topic. @Velcade actually also replied on this. thank you very much!

1 minute ago, comander said:

Digging around - 

Also GN appears to have their own screwdrivers, which look to be generic blue/black screwdrivers + customized carrying case. 

Oh apperantly this has not only been an idea literally half a year ago they are actually doing it based on the other posts here. thanks for the extra info!

Just now, comander said:

1.5+ years.

It takes time and there's complexity. 

Then I shall practice my patience and start saving money. I was too stupid to notice that you actually quoted a comment from LLinus before. Sorry about that... Thanks for all the info! It was very interesting to read.

13 minutes ago, PlayStation 2 said:

Is there a "no" option anywhere?

hate polls like this.

Just buy an ifixit kit

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

14 minutes ago, PlayStation 2 said:

Is there a "no" option anywhere?

No

Just now, Arika S said:

hate polls like this.

Just buy an ifixit kit

Why :( I just couldn't think of anyone who joined the forum yet doesn't want a screwdriver like that... But I get what you mean