Looking for a proper USB hub

FreddyFazbear

Budget (including currency):  100$

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Charging, connecting hard drives and sd cards ect. USB stuff

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

So I have a MSI B550I motherboard with a USB 3.2 type C port at the back I'm not using.

I want to get a hub that actually utilizes the speed of the port. I've been looking at this one from amazon (14 port from icybox)

It's totally overkill, but I can get it cheaply from a wholesaler. And a 5 port one is about the same price.

But does anyone have one they can recommend?

4 minutes ago, DiscoDrugs said:

Budget (including currency):  100$

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Charging, connecting hard drives and sd cards ect. USB stuff

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

So I have a MSI B550I motherboard with a USB 3.2 type C port at the back I'm not using.

I want to get a hub that actually utilizes the speed of the port. I've been looking at this one from amazon (14 port from icybox)

It's totally overkill, but I can get it cheaply from a wholesaler. And a 5 port one is about the same price.

But does anyone have one they can recommend?

You won't be able to use the full speed due to the usb B being 3.0 instead of 3.2. Maybe look into a thunderbolt/Usb c 3.2 dock maybe even with external power 

Just now, maxderc00l said:

You won't be able to use the full speed due to the usb B being 3.0 instead of 3.2. Maybe look into a thunderbolt/Usb c 3.2 dock maybe even with external power 

Yeah I've been looking for that, but all I get are laptop hubs with vga, ethernet ect

1 minute ago, DiscoDrugs said:

Yeah I've been looking for that, but all I get are laptop hubs with vga, ethernet ect

or diffrent idea if you have PCIe ports you don't need maybe use a expansion card (much cleaner) and if i recall correctly a lot cheaper

5 minutes ago, maxderc00l said:

or diffrent idea if you have PCIe ports you don't need maybe use a expansion card (much cleaner) and if i recall correctly a lot cheaper

I'd do that if I wasn't using the B550I in a dan case. Only PCIe slot I have is for my gpu