Do I need a new CPU Cooler??

Hello, 

3 months ago I Build myself a new Pc. 

Here are the specs: 

ryzen 9 3900x

gigabyte aorus 3070 gaming oc

32gb corsair veangeance rgb pro

The Problem is that I am using the AMD Stock cooler. I now that there are better cooling solutions but I don’t want to change the cooler. So my question:  Do I have to get a new CPU Cooler or can I still use it? 

Use the stock cooler its fine, just don't OC the cpu.

SPEC LIST:

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X w/ NZXT Kraken Z73 360mm Liquid Cooler
  • GPU: NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) 5000MHz CL18
  • Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Godlike
  • SSD: Samsung 980 Pro PCIe 4.0 1TB (x3)
  • PSU: Corsair AX1600i
  • Case: NZXT H710
  • Monitor: Alienware AW2521H 25inch 360Hz 1ms

1 minute ago, Skykiller said:

Hello, 

3 months ago I Build myself a new Pc. 

Here are the specs: 

ryzen 9 3900x

gigabyte aorus 3070 gaming oc

32gb corsair veangeance rgb pro

The Problem is that I am using the AMD Stock cooler. I now that there are better cooling solutions but I don’t want to change the cooler. So my question:  Do I have to get a new CPU Cooler or can I still use it? 

I'm a little confused on what you are asking. Are you asking if there is a better way to cool your CPU without changing your cooler?

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

4 minutes ago, Downkey said:

I'm a little confused on what you are asking. Are you asking if there is a better way to cool your CPU without changing your cooler?

Sorry when that was not clear I am asking if I need to upgrade? If not I wouldn’t 

5 minutes ago, cm992 said:

Use the stock cooler its fine, just don't OC the cpu.

Okay Thanks that’s great. I am not into Over Clocking and when I will get a new cooler for sure.

1 minute ago, Skykiller said:

Sorry when that was not clear I am asking if I need to upgrade? If not I wouldn’t 

Oh. What are your temps currently? What are you using your CPU for?

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

3 minutes ago, Downkey said:

Oh. What are your temps currently? What are you using your CPU for?

I use it for Gaming and Video editing. While gaming for about 2 hours my temps are about 90-93 don’t know for sure. And while Video Editing I get 80-90. But again don’t know for sure. But i will look after that in the next days. 

But after I read not just here but also in other Forums, Reddit and on Discord that I don’t have to Upgrade the Cooler as long as I don’t OC. I don’t think I will upgrade my cooling. 

3 minutes ago, Skykiller said:

I use it for Gaming and Video editing. While gaming for about 2 hours my temps are about 90-93 don’t know for sure. And while Video Editing I get 80-90. But again don’t know for sure. But i will look after that in the next days. 

But after I read not just here but also in other Forums, Reddit and on Discord that I don’t have to Upgrade the Cooler as long as I don’t OC. I don’t think I will upgrade my cooling. 

You don't have to upgrade it. If you want you could snag a Hyper 212 for $30 USD but you don't have too

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

12 minutes ago, Downkey said:

You don't have to upgrade it. If you want you could snag a Hyper 212 for $30 USD but you don't have too

Thank you sooo much. I now have a better feeling while using my PC 🙂 . And i have to correct something temps while gaming are even a bit lower between 80/82 to 90. And I will keep in Mind that it isn’t expensive upgrading my cooling but I don’t want to. But when you say that it isen’t Bad for my cpu I will not upgrade.