Lost games on HDD

Logi Bear

hi I've recently put a fresh install of windows onto my Boot drive and when I downloaded Xbox app it doesn't show any of the games i used to before I reinstalled windows. is there any way I'm able to scan for the games that are on my HDD. 

8 minutes ago, Logi Bear said:

hi I've recently put a fresh install of windows onto my Boot drive and when I downloaded Xbox app it doesn't show any of the games i used to before I reinstalled windows. is there any way I'm able to scan for the games that are on my HDD. 

I'm pretty certain it's not possible. The game-files are encrypted and when you install Windows, it generates a new set of keys for all of its encryption-stuff and, as far as I know, this includes the keys for Windows Store - content as well.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

1 minute ago, WereCatf said:

I'm pretty certain it's not possible. The game-files are encrypted and when you install Windows, it generates a new set of keys for all of its encryption-stuff and, as far as I know, this includes the keys for Windows Store - content as well.

Another problem is that I cant find them on my HDD so I can't delete them to then redownload them 

9 minutes ago, Logi Bear said:

Another problem is that I cant find them on my HDD so I can't delete them to then redownload them 

They may be in a WindowsApps-folder. They are there on my system.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

6 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

They may be in a WindowsApps-folder. They are there on my system.

yeah I have found that but I cant access it