wait for 5900X or get 5800X tomorrow?

Hi all,

I bought my 5900X off ebuyer on the 14th of December and their stock delivery is getting pushed back non stop. I am expecting to have it in my hands no sooner than early March. I have all of the parts just sitting waiting to be assembled, so I cant return and wait for 6900X. Now I want my pc to last 5-6 years for gaming and light photoshop, am I best off waiting or just getting the 5800X and sacrifice the 5900X which to me seems like a lot of performance to loose. 

Thanks 🙂

PC Specs: Motherboard: MSI Tomahawk X570  CPU: Ryzen 5900X  CPU Cooler: NZXT 240 mm Kraken Series AIO     GPU: Asus Strix ROG 1080 TI OC Edition    PSU: Corsair RM850 850W   Storage: 2 X 4TB, 2 X 1TB HDD And 1 X 1tb m.2 samsung 980 pro Case:  NZXT H440 2015 Edition

1 minute ago, Abzilla said:

Hi all,

I bought my 5900X off ebuyer on the 14th of December and their stock delivery is getting pushed back non stop. I am expecting to have it in my hands no sooner than early March. I have all of the parts just sitting waiting to be assembled, so I cant return and wait for 6900X. Now I want my pc to last 5-6 years for gaming and light photoshop, am I best off waiting or just getting the 5800X and sacrifice the 5900X which to me seems like a lot of performance to loose. 

Thanks 🙂

go for thr 5800x

1 hour ago, Mohammad Saleh said:

go for thr 5800x

I want to but I fear that in 4 years i'll regret not waiting an extra month for an extra year or 2 of solid performance

1 hour ago, ragnarok0273 said:

Wait.

5900X's are hard to get.

Thats what my gut is telling me but i'm become impatient now (considering this is the 4th delay), also, I want to get the Far Cry 6 code because they extended the redemption date from the 31/12/20 to 30/1/21 (UK format) which I have tried contacting them a few days ago raising my concern but with no progress  

PC Specs: Motherboard: MSI Tomahawk X570  CPU: Ryzen 5900X  CPU Cooler: NZXT 240 mm Kraken Series AIO     GPU: Asus Strix ROG 1080 TI OC Edition    PSU: Corsair RM850 850W   Storage: 2 X 4TB, 2 X 1TB HDD And 1 X 1tb m.2 samsung 980 pro Case:  NZXT H440 2015 Edition