My Acer XF250Q is only getting 60hz

ScootBigBooty

I have two monitors, primary is Acer XF250Q and secondary is Acer K272HL, which caps out at 60 hz. I think what is limiting my primary monitor to go to 240 hz is my secondary monitor. I have a Radeon RX 580 and I play rainbow on low settings and it still shows 60 hz. I have gone to display settings and in display adapter properties and the max refresh rate is 60 hz. I have been trying to solve this problem with a discord server and one suggested to change Catalyst Center settings but didn't know how to do that. What should I do?

37 minutes ago, ScootBigBooty said:

I have two monitors, primary is Acer XF250Q and secondary is Acer K272HL, which caps out at 60 hz. I think what is limiting my primary monitor to go to 240 hz is my secondary monitor. I have a Radeon RX 580 and I play rainbow on low settings and it still shows 60 hz. I have gone to display settings and in display adapter properties and the max refresh rate is 60 hz. I have been trying to solve this problem with a discord server and one suggested to change Catalyst Center settings but didn't know how to do that. What should I do?

Is there a "Maximum Frames Per Second" Option? Try cranking that to unlimited.

Other than that, I do not know of another soloution.

Also al

45 minutes ago, ScootBigBooty said:

I have gone to display settings and in display adapter properties and the max refresh rate is 60 hz.

Have you checked the actual monitor’s menu to see if it is set to high refresh rate? For example, my 1440p 144hz Samsung has a setting on the monitor itself to change the max refresh rate of the panel, which limits what Windows will see as an option.

edit: have you tried running just the high refresh rate monitor with the 60hz panel disconnected to see if that’s your problem?

24 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

What cable did you use? HDMI or DP?

I have tried both

5 minutes ago, Arrogath said:

Also al

Have you checked the actual monitor’s menu to see if it is set to high refresh rate? For example, my 1440p 144hz Samsung has a setting on the monitor itself to change the max refresh rate of the panel, which limits what Windows will see as an option.

Just checked my monitor setting and I can see that it is at 60 hz.

5 minutes ago, ScootBigBooty said:

I have tried both

it's been a while since i used AMD GPU (RX460) but to change the refresh rate, i think it's thru windows display settings, not radeon software

and use DP

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

thank you every that helped I got it to work. Thanks for the quick responses and valuable input.