73w rated CPU cooler on a CPU with 84w TDP

I've bought this cheapish motherboard bundle off ebay which includes: H81i motherboard, i5-4460, 4gb of ram and a 240gb ssd. It comes with a cheap aftermarket cpu cooler and after some research its rated at 73w cooling capacity. From the intel website it says the i5-4460 has a 84w tdp. Does this mean the cooler will be incapable of cooler my cpu? I'm also putting it an xbox 360 with limited ventilation so I'm guessing this will not be enough cooler power. Im not thinking of overclocking the CPU and might even undervolt it in the future if I plan on adding a low profile graphics card. Thanks for any help! 

Edit: is the cooling capacity directly of a cooler linked to the TDP of a cpu?

18 minutes ago, Chorne said:

I've bought this cheapish motherboard bundle off ebay which includes: H81i motherboard, i5-4460, 4gb of ram and a 240gb ssd. It comes with a cheap aftermarket cpu cooler and after some research its rated at 73w cooling capacity. From the intel website it says the i5-4460 has a 84w tdp. Does this mean the cooler will be incapable of cooler my cpu? I'm also putting it an xbox 360 with limited ventilation so I'm guessing this will not be enough cooler power. Im not thinking of overclocking the CPU and might even undervolt it in the future if I plan on adding a low profile graphics card. Thanks for any help! 

Well you probably need something better

12 minutes ago, Biomecanoid said:

Well you probably need something better

Thanks for replying, I was thinking that too. I'm debating on messaging the seller of the combo to see what they think about the coolers capabilities.

Out of interest, what is the cooler?

In theory it is inadequate, and under sustained heavy loads you may encounter thermal throttling. If your mobo has the option, you might try manually setting a lower power limit to match the cooler. This trades thermal limiting with power limiting, but should give a more consistent performance. Note that even if you use the CPU 100%, it doesn't mean for all workloads it'll be at higher power usage.

There is one other option, not without risk. Delid the CPU. I've ran a 6600k on an Intel stock cooler before. If the CPU were stock, I don't think it would have ended well, but with a delid and liquid metal applied temps hardly went above 70C. Just getting a better cooler is a safer choice than going this route.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

2 hours ago, porina said:

Out of interest, what is the cooler?

The cooler is a really cheap AKASA LOW PROFILE INTEL AK-CCE-7106HP so it's probably worth just replacing. As for deliding the cpu, I think it would be better for me to just buy a new cooler as I am not confident I could pull something like that off successfully. Thanks for the feedback!