Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Cortana can't do a thing

After the 20H2 update in windows my Cortana could not do a single thing, I thought update would come for the same but still, not even a single thing cortana can do. It can only give answers to web-search related questions but not system things like changing sound, brightness, shutting down the pc etc etc. Which Cortana was able to do before the 20H2 update. I found cortana to be helpful but now it's, just lying in the taskbar with no use. Even the voice activation isn't working, it asks to approve but gives an error. I have just installed the latest ver from microsoft store.
Some screenshots...image.png.5f8e65f5af90fa4bc3a823afeabd5bb3.png

image.png

If it wants you to sign in do that?

I am a human that makes mistakes! If I'm wrong please correct me and tell me where I made the mistake. I try my best to be helpful.

System Specs

<Ryzen 5 3600 3.5-4.2Ghz> <EVGA GTX 770 2GB> <16gb 3200Mhz> <DarkFlash DLM21 Mesh> <650w Corsair RMx 2018 80+ Gold> <Samsung 970 EVO 500gb NVMe>聽 <MSI MAG b550m Mortar> <Noctua P12 case fans>

does cortana ever work? Mine really never has, so i gave up on her and her annoying voice

please tag me for a response, It's really hard to keep tabs on every thread I reply to. thanks!!

1 hour ago, SignatureSigner said:

If it wants you to sign in do that?

It gives me the error (The windows next to the sign-in prompt)聽

1 hour ago, CaptA380 said:

It gives me the error (The windows next to the sign-in prompt)聽

hmm reinstall windows? IF cortana means anythign to you you can do that. Cortana is kinda useless anyway why are you trying to enable it as most people disable it anyway?

I am a human that makes mistakes! If I'm wrong please correct me and tell me where I made the mistake. I try my best to be helpful.

System Specs

<Ryzen 5 3600 3.5-4.2Ghz> <EVGA GTX 770 2GB> <16gb 3200Mhz> <DarkFlash DLM21 Mesh> <650w Corsair RMx 2018 80+ Gold> <Samsung 970 EVO 500gb NVMe>聽 <MSI MAG b550m Mortar> <Noctua P12 case fans>

33 minutes ago, SignatureSigner said:

hmm reinstall windows? IF cortana means anythign to you you can do that. Cortana is kinda useless anyway why are you trying to enable it as most people disable it anyway?

Just to save few seconds lol.... anyways I would not bother that much even if it doesn't works..... trackpad gestures does the work for me xD