Bottom third of screen filled with lines

Zebedeeboing

Good afternoon,

I thought something was very odd with my screen and noticed that the bottom third of the screen is covered with lines, spaced a few pixels apart. I don't know if it has anything to do with it but I first noticed it when looking at a render made in Blender. 

I have tried plugging my computer into another monitor over HDMI (normally using display port) and it seemed OK. Unfortunately, even if I wanted to I couldn't use HDMI on my normal monitor as it only has display port. I also tried another computer connected to my monitor with the display port and it seemed fine. I believe this rules out cable issues and points towards there being a problem with my display ports (tried both). 

Can anyone recommend some actions to try?

Running Windows 10 with 1070 card. 

Edit: I've just tried to take a screenshot of the effect but it won't capture it. The ironic thing is when I paste the screenshot and move it around it only affects the bottom bit sticking into the bottom third of the monitor... this is making me think that it's a monitor issue? Surely if it was a graphics issue it would screenshot what I'm seeing?

Thanks in advance. 

142645976_454499319258981_1804576410998585930_n.jpg

The line down the middle is fine, that's supposed to be there. It's the change in colour/clarity at the bottom that isn't. (This is a photo as I couldn't get a screenshot of the effect). 

After a few restarts it seems to be less noticeable when I'm using Chrome/other apps but it's immediately obvious when I open Blender and is still affecting some other apps like Chrome (on some tabs but not others) 

I remember someone having similar symptoms some time ago. Try searching the Displays section of forum, I think it was posted there. And I think the poster solved the problem iirc.

I had a search but couldn't find anything. 

It looks like interlacing artifacts on the bottom third of my screen. Sometimes it's really clear and obvious, less so at other times but the transition between the 'good bit' and the 'bad bit' is really distracting. I've ordered another display cable in case something has mysteriously caused the cable to be kaput but that's really unlikely. 

5 hours ago, Zebedeeboing said:

Good afternoon,

I thought something was very odd with my screen and noticed that the bottom third of the screen is covered with lines, spaced a few pixels apart. I don't know if it has anything to do with it but I first noticed it when looking at a render made in Blender. 

I have tried plugging my computer into another monitor over HDMI (normally using display port) and it seemed OK. Unfortunately, even if I wanted to I couldn't use HDMI on my normal monitor as it only has display port. I also tried another computer connected to my monitor with the display port and it seemed fine. I believe this rules out cable issues and points towards there being a problem with my display ports (tried both). 

Can anyone recommend some actions to try?

Running Windows 10 with 1070 card. 

Edit: I've just tried to take a screenshot of the effect but it won't capture it. The ironic thing is when I paste the screenshot and move it around it only affects the bottom bit sticking into the bottom third of the monitor... this is making me think that it's a monitor issue? Surely if it was a graphics issue it would screenshot what I'm seeing?

Thanks in advance. 

Just tested a new monitor I borrowed from someone in the village... it's the monitor... kind of a good thing given the crappy gpu supply worldwide I suppose.