Motherboard missing a screw. Will it do any harm?

As the title says. I'm missing a screw on my motherboard. The standoffs are all there. Just I dont have a screw in one of them. At the top left of the motherboard. Next to the cpu power connector.

It's not that I've got a shortage of screws. I've loads of them. I just cant get to the screw hole. Theres tall vrm heatsinks on either side and my cpu cooler is in the way. I've this tiny, narrow channel to reach down in to. I dont have a magnetic tip screwdriver. I cant get down there at it. I literally shredded my knuckles off the cpu heatsink trying. There was blood everywhere. So I just cant get to it.

Is it going to do any harm with that screw missing? I will say I've been running it that way for a while now and it's not causing any problems, so far.

1 minute ago, Digideath said:

As the title says. I'm missing a screw on my motherboard. The standoffs are all there. Just I dont have a screw in one of them. At the top left of the motherboard. Next to the cpu power connector.

It's not that I've got a shortage of screws. I've loads of them. I just cant get to the screw hole. Theres tall vrm heatsinks on either side and my cpu cooler is in the way. I've this tiny, narrow channel to reach down in to. I dont have a magnetic tip screwdriver. I cant get down there at it. I literally shredded my knuckles off the cpu heatsink trying. There was blood everywhere. So I just cant get to it.

Is it going to do any harm with that screw missing? I will say I've been running it that way for a while now and it's not causing any problems, so far.

When I don't have a magnetic screw driver at hand I tape the screw to the screwdriver and it works fine

2 minutes ago, Digideath said:

no, it wont do any harm! in my storage PC, i have only 4 screws for the motherboard! works fine!

hey! i know to use a computer

8 minutes ago, Bartandroid123 said:

one missing screw wont do any harm

8 minutes ago, hirusha.adikari said:

no, it wont do any harm! in my storage PC, i have only 4 screws for the motherboard! works fine!

Okay thanks.