xbox-like pc experience with multi-user

joran

i am working on creating a xbox-like experience on pc for my projector. i want to have 2 people gaming on a single monitor. i know there are programs that can do the same for games in windows but i also want to be able to use different programs/games at the same time. this probably means using 2 vms. the rest i will be able to figure out myself. it is possible to use a rdp and a rbp for display out but i think it will create a lot of latency. i prefferably want to use proxmox but unraid/vmware/xenserver is also fine.

On 1/27/2021 at 1:08 PM, joran said:

i am working on creating a xbox-like experience on pc for my projector. i want to have 2 people gaming on a single monitor. i know there are programs that can do the same for games in windows but i also want to be able to use different programs/games at the same time. this probably means using 2 vms. the rest i will be able to figure out myself. it is possible to use a rdp and a rbp for display out but i think it will create a lot of latency. i prefferably want to use proxmox but unraid/vmware/xenserver is also fine.

This will not work well for modern games, Probably older 5+ year old games will work. You will lose power from running VM and there will be input lag and latency

Better to have 2 small PCs and multiplex the signal to the projector like they do with cameras where you have multiple cameras being displayed on one monitor.

On 1/27/2021 at 12:18 PM, Biomecanoid said:

This will not work well for modern games, Probably older 5+ year old games will work. You will lose power from running VM and there is be input lag and latency

Better to have 2 small PCs and multiplex the signal to the projector like they do with cameras where you have multiple cameras being displayed on one monitor.

that is also possible but i havent managed to find a multiplexer that can do that.

Just now, joran said:

that is also possible but i havent managed to find a multiplexer that can do that.

You should go to a store that installs security cameras, they have such stuff

7 hours ago, Biomecanoid said:

You should go to a store that installs security cameras, they have such stuff

go to a  store? great joke (i live in the netherlands idk if its different in america). i will check in a store nearby. do you know if something like that is selled on aliexpress?