Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Sell my GPU or not?

Go to solution Solved by 1982 Original,

There is a shortage on all cards everywhere.  Unless you don't want to use your PC for a few months, I wouldn't sell it.  GTX 1660 are going for $500.  They were half that two years ago.  There is literally nothing out there at any tier.

Hi guys,

I put an auction on ebay for my RTX 2060 Founder's edition without any expectation,(Im aware of scams ecc too), but some people made offers(accounts that seem legit) and its almost the price that i paid for it in 2019.
Now my question is: should I sell my GPU to get a 3000 series (i was thinking about a 3060ti) that i dont even know when it will be available?
I can stay without my pc for a couple of months its not a problem, but my concern is also the price of the 3060 or 3060ti, im afraid that they will get to 500ish price range...

Keep your 2060 until you know you have a 3000-series card.

REFRESH BEFORE RESPOND, I EDITED MY POST

• Forums
  • Community Standards
  • All Activity
  • My Activity Streams 
  • More 
  •  All Activity
  •  
  •  Mark site read
  •  
  •  Create 
  • Home 
  •  
  • Settings

Signature Restrictions

Please ensure your signature complies with the following restrictions:

•  Images are not allowed
  •  
  •  Maximum of 10 URLs
  •  
  •  Maximum of 30 lines

• View signatures?

Show other people's signatures alongside their content

• SignatureSizeFont

• Drag files here to attach, or choose files...

• Other Media 
    • Max total size: 20 MB
  • Save

•  All Activity Mark site read Home Settings Theme Privacy Policy Terms of Use Forum Support
  • Forums Community Standards All Activity My Activity Streams More All Activity
  • Mark site read Create Home Settings

Settings

Manage your account settings, and set up social network integration.

• Overview Email Address Password Security and Privacy Recently Used Devices Display Name Content View Behavior Signature Twitter Microsoft Google Steam Discord

Signature Restrictions

Please ensure your signature complies with the following restrictions:

• Images are not allowed Maximum of 10 URLs Maximum of 30 lines
  • View signatures? Show other people's signatures alongside their content Signature                   SizeFont
    • Drag files here to attach, or choose files... Other Media Max total size: 20 MB

• Save

• All Activity Mark site read Home Settings
  •  
  • Theme Privacy Policy Terms of Use Forum Support
  • Linus Media GroupPowered by Invision Community

aHR0cHM6Ly9kcml2ZS5nb29nbGUuY29tL2ZpbGUvZC8xOWZWOVNidFp1d2FLUVUxaUY5bjg3MjVHelcxd2x2SWkvdmlldz91c3A9c2hhcmluZw==

Getting a GPU for a good price is almost impossible right now,

Chances are you won't be able to get a 3000 series GPU since thousands of people will try to buy the same card at the time and place you will try to buy.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 5 2600@3.9GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R15: 1382cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3439
14 minutes ago, ragnarok0273 said:

Keep your 2060 until you know you have a 3000-series card.

18 minutes ago, Vishera said:

Getting a GPU for a good price is almost impossible right now,

Chances are you won't be able to get a 3000 series GPU since thousands of people will try to buy the same card at the time and place you will try to buy.

I was thinking about that, but after the release of the 3000-series the value of my 2060 will drop significantly.
It's almost unbelievable that people would pay the same price that i paid if not more 😐, for a 2 years old used card...🤔

There is a shortage on all cards everywhere.  Unless you don't want to use your PC for a few months, I wouldn't sell it.  GTX 1660 are going for $500.  They were half that two years ago.  There is literally nothing out there at any tier.

If you aren't sure about selling the card, take down the eBay listing immediately, because once you get actual bids (as opposed to just offers), you are basically obligated to sell. 

Friends don't let friends use Userbenchmark. Ban the term "bottleneck." Corps aren't your friends. If the PC does what you need it to do well enough, it's good enough. Don't build the "best" system, build the system that makes you happy. 

System specs:

Ryzen 5 5600X w/Arctic Freezer 34 eSports Duo | ASRock B550 PG Velocita | Radeon RX 6800 Reference

16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600mhz CL16 | 1TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus, 3TB Toshiba P300

Fractal Design Meshify 2 Compact | Seasonic Focus GX 750W

27 minutes ago, 1982 Original said:

The gt 1010 exists 😄. Maybe actually the 1030 got expensive too so euhm gonna get tricky.

16 hours ago, 1982 Original said:

I did a bit of research, I thought that the situation was similar to the 2017-2018 years...but i was wrong.

the gpu market or the tech market in general is really in a bad state right now...

I put down my listing on ebay in the end. i dont think that this "upgrade" is worth all this hassle.