EVGA BA 600 watt, is it any good

Celtie

I'm not sure I'd have much faith in a $50 600W PSU. The Corsair TX and CX 650's are around $100 off their website, and those are solid units. 

Work Rigs - 2015 15" MBP | 2019 15" MBP | 2021 16" M1 Max MBP | Lenovo ThinkPad T490 |

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X  |  MSI B550 Gaming Plus  |  64GB G.SKILL 3200 CL16 4x8GB |  AMD Reference RX 6800  |  WD Black SN750 1TB NVMe  |  Corsair RM750  |  Corsair H115i RGB Pro XT  |  Corsair 4000D  |  Dell S2721DGF  |

Fun Rig - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X  |  MSI B550 Tomahawk  |  32GB G.SKILL 3600 CL16 4x8GB |  AMD Reference 6800XT  | Creative Sound Blaster Z  |  WD Black SN850 500GB NVMe  |  WD Black SN750 2TB NVMe  |  WD Blue 1TB SATA SSD  |  Corsair RM850x  |  Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT  |  Corsair 4000D  |  LG 27GP850  |

Budget EVGA units are never a good choice.

Which make and model components do you want to fire up with that 600w thing?

8 minutes ago, --SID-- said:

Budget EVGA units are never a good choice.

Which make and model components do you want to fire up with that 600w thing?

r5 3600@ stock prob and a 980 4gb

7 minutes ago, 1982 Original said:

Just fine.  Bunch of PSU snobs around here.  EVGA makes just fine power supplies, even the $50 units.

EVGA doesn't make any PSUs, and their entire lineup is a mess. They have absolute garbage units rated at 25C and 30C, and group regulated ones. Just because you have no idea how to judge if a PSU is good or not, doesn't mean that they are good. Please have the decency to not spew absolute BS about things that you know nothing about 🙂

1 hour ago, FREnCH man KId said:

You read the title i hope

It has the bare minimum of DC-DC, but it's rated at 30C, and has a sleeve bearing fan. You should get a lower wattage, higher end PSU instead. If you have a 980 that only has a single PCIe connector, you could get the CX450 for $55, assuming you're buying from the US.

:)

11 minutes ago, seon123 said:

EVGA doesn't make any PSUs, and their entire lineup is a mess. They have absolute garbage units rated at 25C and 30C, and group regulated ones. Just because you have no idea how to judge if a PSU is good or not, doesn't mean that they are good. Please have the decency to not spew absolute BS about things that you know nothing about 🙂

It has the bare minimum of DC-DC, but it's rated at 30C, and has a sleeve bearing fan. You should get a lower wattage, higher end PSU instead. If you have a 980 that only has a single PCIe connector, you could get the CX450 for $55, assuming you're buying from the US.

good to know