Computer won't boot in dual channel. Works fine in single channel.

hazy21
Every time I try to boot, I get no keyboard lights, no mouse lights, no display, and my fans just spin for approximately 1 minute until they power down in a cycle. I have two ram sticks they both work fine individually. Once I take one of the two rams out my pc boots fine. I enabled ram fast boot which allows me to post-boot and see that cpu-z detects my 16GB ram with all the correct information and it appears that one stick is dual channel while the other is single channel. System information still indicates 8GB ram. I wanted to try out modded bios to force enable xmp since I've read that enabling xmp somehow made dual channel work.

Befre You Ask:
No there are no bent cpu pins, yes I tried the ram slots individually as well with both stick of ram individually and together, yes I cleared cmos(with both rams inserted), yes I have the latest bios, yes I did memtest86 on both ram sticks individually no errors at all, and yes I tried to RMA but they argued that I had a single channel ram which in 99% of cases isn't a problem.

Specs:
- 2x8GB Team group elite ddr4 2666MHz ram
- i3-8100
- H310M DS2 Rev 1.0
- GTX 1060 3GB
- Thermaltake TR2 S 600W
- 1TB Seagate 7200RPM HDD SATA
- 120GB Gigabyte SSD SATA
- Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
- Bios Version F16

What speed are do you have the memory set to?

From the motherboard website:

Support for Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) memory modules
* To support 2666 MHz or XMP memory, you must install an 8th Generation Intel® Core™ i7/i5 processor.

16 minutes ago, 1982 Original said:

* To support 2666 MHz or XMP memory, you must install an 8th Generation Intel® Core™ i7/i5 processor.

It's an H series motherboard so, 2666 MHZ.

Are both sticks of ram from the same kit? @hazy21

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

4 hours ago, 1982 Original said:

Speed is 2400MHz by default I can lower it or use one of the memory enhancement settings which I'm sure causes crashes. Do you need XMP for dual channel?

4 hours ago, Voluspa said:

It's an H series motherboard so, 2666 MHZ.

Are both sticks of ram from the same kit? @hazy21

No they aren't. Is it my motherboard being picky if it rejected the ram or is it an issue of them not being a single kit?