GTX 670 New thermal paste

StixuYT

Hello guys, so a few weeks ago I got a second hand GTX 670, It's an EVGA Card, but I don't know why but it has a stock cooler.(See in the attached image), and I put it in my PC(specs down below), I have very high temperatures on it, and i decided to change the thermal paste, i currently get around 100 degrees on pc building simulator, i bought a arctic mx2, is it good for the card?

PC Specs:

CPU: i5-2500 3.3 GHz
GPU: Nvidia GTX 670

RAM: 8GB DDR3 Dual Channel 1666MHz

PSU: A 650w one with only a 6pin connector

BOARD: Intel DQ67SW

There's no attached image but if it's what I think it is (I've had one of the VHS tape looking EVGA 670's) then you are gonna have to put some stronger stuff on it because the blower cooler on that card is just garbage. I had it hitting 80 degrees when it was brand new.

On 1/27/2021 at 6:34 PM, Vordhosbn said:

There's no attached image but if it's what I think it is (I've had one of the VHS tape looking EVGA 670's) then you are gonna have to put some stronger stuff on it because the blower cooler on that card is just garbage. I had it hitting 80 degrees when it was brand new.

I bought the arctic mx2 and applied it, apparently as I saw on the die, its a stock model, but says EVGA on the PCB? From around 40-50 degrees in desktop doing casual stuff, to around 30-35 sometimes max 40, and in game from around 90-100 degrees to around 60-70 so yeah, it worked very well. Also look at the card, I attached an image this time :))

Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_3.png

Screenshot_4.png

6 hours ago, StixuYT said:

I bought the arctic mx2 and applied it, apparently as I saw on the die, its a stock model, but says EVGA on the PCB? From around 40-50 degrees in desktop doing casual stuff, to around 30-35 sometimes max 40, and in game from around 90-100 degrees to around 60-70 so yeah, it worked very well. Also look at the card, I attached an image this time :))

Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_3.png

Screenshot_4.png

Yeah looks like an odd one, I had this one
EVGA GTX 670 Specs | TechPowerUp GPU Database

Which is why I mentioned the VHS looks.  Glad you got it solved tho, I also had to change the paste of this one once. Horrrible cooler design.

1 hour ago, Vordhosbn said:

Yeah looks like an odd one, I had this one
EVGA GTX 670 Specs | TechPowerUp GPU Database

Which is why I mentioned the VHS looks.  Glad you got it solved tho, I also had to change the paste of this one once. Horrrible cooler design.

Yeah, mine is a GK104-325-A2, stock model, but I saw that stock models say "GEFORCE GTX" on top, mine doesn't it's really weird, I bought it off used market for cheap though. and it does it's job perfectly now that I have changed the thermal paste.