Newly built computer randomly reboots. (Black screen, no errors)

JonDa
Go to solution Solved by JonDa,
2 hours ago, L1- said:

https://rog.asus.com/us/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-x570-e-gaming-model/helpdesk_download/

Update to bios 3402, I know its a beta version but it will fix the random reboot.

Thank you I will give that a try aswell!

Dear all, 

My newly built pc shuts down randomly. (No warning just immediate black screen and a reboot.) 
It seems to happen at random, I can play COD Warzone for hours on end without any problem. The next time I start the program the computer reboots in the menu. So far the problem has occured whilst watching Netflix using google chrome (and doing nothing else). 
Whilst running Zwift (a cycling programm alongside Netflix) 
And sometimes when I run COD Warzone. 

I have had the PC since this weekend, and the problems occured pretty much when I first Alt+tabbed out of warzone when playing for the first time. Since there is no error code but just an immediate reboot I don’t have a code to share with you. I did try to perform the  perfmon /report but it gets stuck, so I have manually opened the performance monitor and try to gather all the XML files and zip them together. If this is not correct please let me know. I’ve also sysnative BSOD + system file collection app, although I am not sure if that works, since the blue screen is not actually occuring. 

https://www.dropbox.com/t/rXPkiCisrmTQzEr5 

If there is anything I can do to further elaborate please let me know 

Computer built from Parts last week  

OS: Windows 10 Home 64 Bit (10,0 Build 19042) Full retail 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor   

CPU Cooler: Scythe Mugen 5 PCGH Edition 43.03 CFM CPU Cooler 

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming ATX AM4 Motherboard   

Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  

Storage: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  

Video Card: MSI GeForce RTX 3080 10 GB GAMING X TRIO Video Card  

Case: Corsair 275Q ATX Mid Tower Case 

Power Supply: Corsair HX Platinum 750 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  

9 minutes ago, JonDa said:

Dear all, 

My newly built pc shuts down randomly. (No warning just immediate black screen and a reboot.) 
It seems to happen at random, I can play COD Warzone for hours on end without any problem. The next time I start the program the computer reboots in the menu. So far the problem has occured whilst watching Netflix using google chrome (and doing nothing else). 
Whilst running Zwift (a cycling programm alongside Netflix) 
And sometimes when I run COD Warzone. 

I have had the PC since this weekend, and the problems occured pretty much when I first Alt+tabbed out of warzone when playing for the first time. Since there is no error code but just an immediate reboot I don’t have a code to share with you. I did try to perform the  perfmon /report but it gets stuck, so I have manually opened the performance monitor and try to gather all the XML files and zip them together. If this is not correct please let me know. I’ve also sysnative BSOD + system file collection app, although I am not sure if that works, since the blue screen is not actually occuring. 

https://www.dropbox.com/t/rXPkiCisrmTQzEr5 

If there is anything I can do to further elaborate please let me know 

Computer built from Parts last week  

OS: Windows 10 Home 64 Bit (10,0 Build 19042) Full retail 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor   

CPU Cooler: Scythe Mugen 5 PCGH Edition 43.03 CFM CPU Cooler 

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming ATX AM4 Motherboard   

Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  

Storage: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  

Video Card: MSI GeForce RTX 3080 10 GB GAMING X TRIO Video Card  

Case: Corsair 275Q ATX Mid Tower Case 

Power Supply: Corsair HX Platinum 750 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  

Downclock everything even if running stock for testing purposes and try to use your computer.

2 minutes ago, Biomecanoid said:

Downclock everything even if running stock for testing purposes and try to use your computer.

Might be the 3080 powerspike issue at play.

5 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Yes it could be drawing too much power. Subclocking everything might make the pc more stable and then we will know.

12 hours ago, jaslion said:

12 hours ago, Biomecanoid said:

Yes it could be drawing too much power. Subclocking everything might make the pc more stable and then we will know.

Thanks guys I will give it a try and report back to you.
As I don't know the first thing about overclocking I was thinking about using MSI afterburner, but it is currently not downloadable from their website. Once it's back I'll give it a go
Any recommendations on what clockspeeds to try first?

2 minutes ago, JonDa said:

As I don't know the first thing about overclocking I was thinking about using MSI afterburner, but it is currently not downloadable from their website. Once it's back I'll give it a go

The website seems to be working at least for me. I can download it.

https://download.msi.com/uti_exe/vga/MSIAfterburnerSetup.zip?__token__=exp=1611823608~acl=/*~hmac=8be43e145c0f2a275614e2db03934ee63d2ccb10cf366a6a5df0efd94a219db8

2 hours ago, JonDa said:

Go in msi afterburner and then just lower the sliders by like 25% or so.

4 hours ago, jaslion said:

Go in msi afterburner and then just lower the sliders by like 25% or so.

Alright I came home from work and managed to install Afterburner thanks to the link Biomecanoid provided.
Now afraid to mess things up I am just going to ask to be certain. Currently my adjustable sliders [and their base values] are Power limit [100%] Temp limit [83 degrees celcius], core clock [+0] and memory clock [+0]

(I've also added a screenshot.
From the interface I gather that the urrent GPU clock speed is set around just under 1500 and the boost speed goes up to just over 1750?

So I should just lower the core clock value to -375 ?
Should I also adjust the power limit?
and what value would you recommend for the memory clock?

Afterburner image.PNG

1 hour ago, JonDa said:

Alright I came home from work and managed to install Afterburner thanks to the link Biomecanoid provided.
Now afraid to mess things up I am just going to ask to be certain. Currently my adjustable sliders [and their base values] are Power limit [100%] Temp limit [83 degrees celcius], core clock [+0] and memory clock [+0]

(I've also added a screenshot.
From the interface I gather that the urrent GPU clock speed is set around just under 1500 and the boost speed goes up to just over 1750?

So I should just lower the core clock value to -375 ?
Should I also adjust the power limit?
and what value would you recommend for the memory clock?

Afterburner image.PNG

Power Ratio to something like 80% and core clock downclock in 200mhz increments until its stable. If that does not work downclock the CPU as well.

On 1/27/2021 at 9:22 PM, L1- said:

https://rog.asus.com/us/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-x570-e-gaming-model/helpdesk_download/

Update to bios 3402, I know its a beta version but it will fix the random reboot.

This was the magic that did the trick!
I accidentally marked my response as the solution, but thank you so much for the suggestion.

And also to all the others who pitched in.