rx 5700xt reference 0 rpm mode

Go to solution Solved by jaslion,
Just now, ki8aras said:

any idea on where i could find such info?

Your card manufacturers website.

hello everyone, i was wondering if there was something i could do to make my 5700xt quieter while at idle

is there a specific bios that i can flash which works on the reference board or an even easier way to do it?

It cannot do 0rpm mode because it's a closed cooler it has to have constant air moving as otherwise it will just overheat. The min fan speed is there for a very good reason.

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

It cannot do 0rpm mode because it's a closed cooler it has to have constant air moving as otherwise it will just overheat. The min fan speed is there for a very good reason.

im not talking about 0 rpm indefinitely, my 3070 has a 0 rpm mode but from time to time it ramps up for like 10s to keep from overheating

1 minute ago, ki8aras said:

im not talking about 0 rpm indefinitely, my 3070 has a 0 rpm mode but from time to time it ramps up for like 10s to keep from overheating

Yeah but that one probably has an open cooler. What I mean with a blower is that it cannot do natural heat convection at all because the heatsink is in an enclosed space. So it would take not even 10 seconds for it to reach a too high temp. Hence why there has to always be a constant flow of air.

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

Yeah but that one probably has an open cooler. What I mean with a blower is that it cannot do natural heat convection at all because the heatsink is in an enclosed space. So it would take not even 10 seconds for it to reach a too high temp. Hence why there has to always be a constant flow of air.

is there a way to at least lower the fan to like 10%? (the minimum on the original bios is 23% and its at 30c)

1 minute ago, ki8aras said:

is there a way to at least lower the fan to like 10%? (the minimum on the original bios is 23% and its at 30c)

That is where modded bios can come in but keep in mind that 23% might actually be as low as the fan can go before it turns off as fans do have a minimum required voltage to spin. Some cards did get a bios update to get it as low as 15% check if yours is one of those

3 minutes ago, jaslion said:

That is where modded bios can come in but keep in mind that 23% might actually be as low as the fan can go before it turns off as fans do have a minimum required voltage to spin. Some cards did get a bios update to get it as low as 15% check if yours is one of those

Just now, ki8aras said:

Your card manufacturers website.