how do i make steam not automatically pause downloads while I'm in-game

NostalgiCake

i was playing fallout new Vegas for the past 4 hours while re-downloading hitman 2 so i could pass time and apparently steam decided to pause the download when i lunched the game without even telling me, i want to prevent this kind of thing for the next time i need to know if there is a way to stop steam from pausing downloads while playing a game

please

I am on my phone right now so I can't say specifically where to go but I believe under downloads tab in your settings theres a checkbox to allow for downloads while in game.

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

You can change this behaviour in the settings. The download section I believe.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

2 minutes ago, NostalgiCake said:

i was playing fallout new Vegas for the past 4 hours while re-downloading hitman 2 so i could pass time and apparently steam decided to pause the download when i lunched the game without even telling me, i want to prevent this kind of thing for the next time i need to know if there is a way to stop steam from pausing downloads while playing a game

Settings -> Downloads -> Allow downloads during gameplay

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.