Windows install encountered an unexpected error

PepeUYB
Go to solution Solved by NutronSe7en,

Ok, I had this same stupid problem when I built my most recent pc so I think I'm incredibly qualified to answer this. As you say, you made the install drive using a MAC which is sadly the issue. The sad fact is that when making a windows boot media using a MAC it will more often than not fail. This is due to pure luck and there is nothing you can do about this. You have 2 options, 1:wipe the USB and try again as many times as it takes until it works (if it works ever) or obtain a boot preexisting boot media made using a windows device or borrow a friends windows device to make the media. While it is unfortunate, it is sadly the only applicable solution.

Hello,

Finally got to flashback my bios after the fourth try; but with success of course come along more problems:

I managed to put the windows installation tool from my mac onto a flash drive and everything went fine in « installing windows » until it kept crashing and creating partitions.

It then could not go any further once I got to the update part and found out it may have been due to it trying to install it on the flash drive. Without the flash drive however, all the other drives are undetected.

So I moved everything over from my flash to my nvme since I got the error «  we could not create a new partition » with the following video:

Unplugging every other drive and then using the Uefi os boot on my nvme it gave me an error that I could not use that disk format ( think it had a problem with gpt), which also didnt run in legacy mode,

I’m in a place where I’m just lost 😅.

I think it might help so I’ll include the disk list.

I also cleaned the disks again and tried again to no avail; still crashes after « installing updates. »

(Using bios version 2.60 on asrock x570 itx tb3 and latest windows iso.)

Thanks in advance!

925553D6-5D7A-460C-A58A-8D7801EE92CA.jpeg

What I meant by trying to install windows on the flash drive drive was that it kept labeling it as the c:drive

Ok, I had this same stupid problem when I built my most recent pc so I think I'm incredibly qualified to answer this. As you say, you made the install drive using a MAC which is sadly the issue. The sad fact is that when making a windows boot media using a MAC it will more often than not fail. This is due to pure luck and there is nothing you can do about this. You have 2 options, 1:wipe the USB and try again as many times as it takes until it works (if it works ever) or obtain a boot preexisting boot media made using a windows device or borrow a friends windows device to make the media. While it is unfortunate, it is sadly the only applicable solution.

26 minutes ago, NutronSe7en said:

I appreciate it! Apple never ceases to annoy me.

23 minutes ago, NutronSe7en said:

welcome to the club

wouldn´t it technically be possible to use Boot Camp or Parallel to then get the installation tool on to the flash drive?

14 hours ago, NutronSe7en said:

I managed to easily install it by downloading via Parallel desktop.

Thank you!