What video port do you guys think is the best?

TheTechBoyMC

Whichever supports the resolution and refresh rate I'm targetting.

If I have choice leftover from there, I don't really have a preference myself. Maybe Displayport port, just because locking connector without having to screw it in and usually you have most of those.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

DisplayPort is the best performance connector but it's also the most volatile so if you're looking for stability I would recommend HDMI aka the tried and true.

3 minutes ago, TheTechBoyMC said:

Hey guys, I just wanted to know your thoughts on which port is the best

choose out of these

HDMI

DVI-I

DisplayPort

VGA/D-SUB

DP is dank but lacks audio currently. HDMI has audio which is nice. VGA? uhh what year is it? lol DVI? I mean meh... lol

12 minutes ago, TheTechBoyMC said:

Hey guys, I just wanted to know your thoughts on which port is the best

choose out of these

HDMI

DVI-I

DisplayPort

VGA/D-SUB

HDMI ,DVI-I, DisplayPort are more or less the same and adapters between them are passive. Only real difference is HDMI carries audio as well.

VGA is just old analogue. VGA would have been fine but newer monitors seem to be blurry when using VGA especially when displaying text. Older monitors don't have that issue and seem to work a lot better with VGA.

4 minutes ago, PhoenixFire22588 said:

DP is dank but lacks audio currently

It doesn't.

Does DisplayPort also support audio?
Yes, DisplayPort supports multi-channel audio and many advanced audio features. DisplayPort to HDMI adapters also include the ability to support HDMI audio.

https://www.displayport.org/faq/

I'm also using Displayport audio right now.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

3 minutes ago, Biomecanoid said:

HDMI ,DVI-I, DisplayPort are more or less the same and adapters between them are passive. Only real difference is HDMI carries audio as well.

VGA is just old analogue. VGA would have been fine but newer monitors seem to be blurry when using VGA especially when displaying text. Older monitors don't have that issue and seem to work a lot better with VGA.

Btw display port and DVI-I do as well 

My vote is CGA.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

HDMI, because "it just works".

Display Port can be a pain in the ass, where sometimes the monitor takes a long time to open... or it never does and you need to power it off and on again.

Spec wise though, I do believe Display Port is "better".

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

My vote is CGA.

Dindnt think of that but same as vga as it’s old

Just now, TetraSky said:

HDMI, because "it just works".

Display Port can be a pain in the ass, where sometimes the monitor takes a long time to open... or it never does and you need to power it off and on again.

Spec wise though, I do believe Display Port is "better".

I get you

Just now, TheTechBoyMC said:

Dindnt think of that but same as vga as it’s old

Heh, quite old. I really want wireless video signal transfer, start dumping all the cables except power.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

5 minutes ago, TheTechBoyMC said:

Btw display port and DVI-I do as well 

In paper maybe but its up to the manufacturer to include audio in DP its not mandatory. So devices that actually support DP audio are not that many and I have never seen any device to carry audio over DVI. 

All implementations of HDMI carry audio. never seen a HDMI device that didn't.

I like VGA because technically, by it's analogue nature, it can reach infinite resolutions, even though that's not at all realistic.

lumpy chunks

Expand to help Bunny reach world domination

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him on his way to world domination.

-Rakshit Jain