Can't boot 3600XT with MSI B450 Gaming Plus Max

Joshua Norris

Recently bought a 3600xt as an upgrade but no getting a post. When powered up the CPU, VGA and BOOT leds turn a solid red and the DRAM led stays off, leaving the system running doesn't change the leds at all. Have tried two different models of memory and 2 gpus, all components I have used in previous builds and I am certain work. Have flashed bios to latest non-beta version too. Booting the system with no cpu results in only a cpu LED, bought this motherboard to avoid problem with cpu.

Just now, NutronSe7en said:

have you tried disconnecting the storage drive(s)? 

Yep, had 3 sata and one m.2 sata installed originally, removed all of them and tried again with no luck. I haven't seen a single forum post with the same situation in terms of leds so I have no idea how to troubleshoot this. 

1 minute ago, Joshua Norris said:

Yep, had 3 sata and one m.2 sata installed originally, removed all of them and tried again with no luck. I haven't seen a single forum post with the same situation in terms of leds so I have no idea how to troubleshoot this. 

what about the PSU?

Just now, NutronSe7en said:

what about the PSU?

Just taken apart my previous system as I am upgrading now, psu has been running completely fine I have a corsair RM650X. Have my 24 pin and 8 pin plugged in fine. 

Unplugged, removed battery and bridged the two pins to reset for a solid 30 seconds to make sure. Flashed bios after but same result with both versions

8 minutes ago, NutronSe7en said:

Have you cleared CMOS?

Unplugged, removed battery and bridged the two pins to reset for a solid 30 seconds to make sure. Flashed bios after but same result with both versions