do single socket 1567 motherboards exist?

herb

i was curious if single socket motherboards for the lga1567 platform. there are 10 core xeons going for dirt cheap on ebay and if there is a single socket board for these then it would be a great budget system.

I don't think so, and besides - the performance would be crap.

These are designed for more cores over more single-core performance, which is what games use.

And since LGA1567 was server-only, you will probably find only server boards.

But you could check AliExpress.

elephants

No, they don't exist.

Just now, ragnarok0273 said:

But you could check AliExpress.

If they exist at all they are almost certainly shit. Avoid.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

10 minutes ago, herb said:

i was curious if single socket motherboards for the lga1567 platform. there are 10 core xeons going for dirt cheap on ebay and if there is a single socket board for these then it would be a great budget system.

Budget system for what? Rendering maybe. Gaming? Oh boi you might as well get a celeron then and performance would probably be the same as those cpu's absolutely suck for gaming.

3 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

No, they don't exist.

If they exist at all they are almost certainly shit. Avoid.

I"m going to disagree with you slightly here, while much of the stuff on AE is suspect (or used) some of the x58/x79/x99 boards coming out are pretty interesting, adding OCing abilities, m.2 slots, and other things Intel never envisioned the C6xx chipsets to do.

There are even dedicated channels on YT that review these boards and a growing community of support and BIOS mods for those looking for ultimate bang for the buck systems.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8h2Sf-yyo1WXeEUr-OHgyg (exclusive reviews on those boards)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9Tn-atYOt8qZP-oqui7bhw (does a lot of reviews on those boards)

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

yeah i know about those channels. philscomputerlab also reviews the boards. none of them have videos of 1567 boards so i wasnt sure if they exist. if the performance is gonna be bad i wont bother investigating it but a budget 10 core cpu would be interesting to say the least. most of the e5 10 core cpus are still a little pricey because of the increase of demand from chinese recycle boards. so i was hoping there was a way to get a super cheap 10 core. i have a 3700x so it was more of a curiosity question than something i would actually use.

5 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Budget system for what? Rendering maybe. Gaming? Oh boi you might as well get a celeron then and performance would probably be the same as those cpu's absolutely suck for gaming.

i would use it for a budget minecraft server to use with my friends. and i wouldnt need any amazing performance because a multicore minecraft server is pretty easy to run/setup