New PC Build for streaming and music production

kingkvndrick

Budget (including currency): €1000 - €1500 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Streaming games (Minecraft, Forza Horizon 4), music production (FL Studio)

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Hi All, its been a while since i have been on these forums.

My mate wants to build a new computer for around €1k-1.5k (without peripherals) and I have come up with a build on PC Partpicker.

He is new to gaming and PCs in General, however he would like to get a powerful system to run for a long time.

The question is, for this amount of money, does it make sense to go for a 1080p build or a 1440p build?

I know that the budget is pretty high, but the more he spends on the build, the less he can spend on peripherals. For about 1.5k, is it possible to build a 1080P machine that can run high - ultra on pretty high settings at a high framerate?

The other thing to keep in mind is the graphics card. I am aware that there is some sort of GPU shortage now, however there is not enough time to wait for prices to come down. For the build I have made, I have selected an RTX 3070. They are about 700-900 euros here in Germany, which I know is super expensive. Are there any maybe cheaper alternatives that deliver high quality 1080p gaming for a lesser price? 

Does it make sense to maybe buy the 2000 series generation of cards? 

Please let me know your thoughts on the build.

Thank you!

image.thumb.png.b6e6a60af189716f21c900974b0ead63.png

yeah umm, currently newer cpus and gpus are flactuated in price, some manufacturers stated thye will increase the price but right now a 3000 series gpu and a 5000 series amd cpu is not worth it, you can stay with the ryzen 5 3600 or get a ryzen 7 3700x  and have the upgradability down the line and geta used gtx 1070 or better...

like i browse on amazon.de too and found out that that the markup amazon charges is too high than what the ryzen 3000 lineup does...

but on the gpu it does worse, btw i can try making you a build anyway since i browse alot in german sites for pc parts... (especially amazon.de)

Edited by GorujoCY
forgot to mention it

Make sure to quote me if you want me to respond

Turn your Mobile VR or PSVR Headset into a working 6DoF SteamVR one guide/tutorial (below):

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My PC

So some adjustments:

Get a better ssd a wd green is a terrible ssd. The cheapest I'd go is a wd blue or mx500 also get something a bit larger so more stuff can fit on it.

You NEED faster ram for ryzen simple as that. 3600mhz is the best anything faster is worse. Get at least 3000mhz cl16 ram. It really does make a big difference.

For 1080p a 3070 is beyond overkill it's also way more than enough for 1440p. Hows the prices for a 3060ti?

Psu is is bad and should not be used for this build. A corsair rm series or a antec hcg gold is recommend of at the lowest 650w.

Since this is a music production machine you want it to be quiet and the stock cooler on a 5600x is not that so an aftermarket cooler would be recommended.

The main issue here is that the cpu as well as gpu are far overpriced. That and for music production you want the best single core performance there is as that is basically what it relies on and the 5600x is great for that only problem is it's 54€ over it's normal price.

Gpu you could get one of the few cards that haven't gone insane in price yet called the gtx970 from the used market and use that whilst stuff calms down. It still plays anything at 1080p medium at least.

for me i prefer to spent a little bit more on the processor, because stacking serum on fl studio can use alot of cpu processing power. 

I think using ryzen 5 3700x will perform better. Because you have more core and more core means mo power to process those plugins.

Use 3200Mhz ram. 

Hi guys, thank you for all your responses.

The main thing I am understanding here is that my CPU and RAM need to be different.

I like @boggy77s build. Its still kind of in the budget that I am working with, and I may find a slightly less powerful graphics card and spend that saved money on peripherals.

Thank you guys all so much for your help, I really appreciate it.

All the best guys