Choice of RTX3090 cards - Inno3D vs. EVGA.

Smurflord

I've been waiting for 3 months now for my Gigabyte 3080 back order.

After getting a recent tax rebate, I was considering cancelling my order and going for a 3090.

Looking around the UK retailers, I can only find the following in stock.

£2000 - EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming

£1800 - Inno3D RTX 3090 ICHILL X4

I know EVGA has a pretty good reputation, and the main difference between the two is probably going to be the cooling implementation.

Has anyone had any experience with Inno3D cards? I'd never heard of them before and have struggled to find any comparative reviews with other 3090 models.

Cheers!

1 hour ago, Smurflord said:

After getting a recent tax rebate, I was considering cancelling my order and going for a 3090.

I know EVGA has a pretty good reputation, and the main difference between the two is probably going to be the cooling implementation.

Has anyone had any experience with Inno3D cards? I'd never heard of them before and have struggled to find any comparative reviews with other 3090 models.

Cheers!

yeah don't spend 2 grand on a 3090

They both look like they have a decent cooling solution. If you want to go with a better known company go for the extra 200. Just do some research as I don't know if the issues with the 3090 in the launch are still present. (I don't think they are) The Evga card looks better in my opinion though. 🙂

Edit

Don't but ether and wait for prices to come down...

I just converted US prices to british pound and realized the max you should pay is 1400pounds

| If someones post is helpful or solves your problem please mark it as a solution 🙂 |

I am a human that makes mistakes! If I'm wrong please correct me and tell me where I made the mistake. I try my best to be helpful.

System Specs

<Ryzen 5 3600 3.5-4.2Ghz> <Noctua NH-U12S chromax.Black> <ZOTAC RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB> <16gb 3200Mhz Crucial CL16> <DarkFlash DLM21 Mesh> <650w Corsair RMx 2018 80+ Gold> <Samsung 970 EVO 500gb NVMe> <WD blue 500gb SSD> <MSI MAG b550m Mortar> <5 Noctua P12 case fans>

Peripherals

<Lepow Portable Monitor + AOC 144hz 1080p monitor> 

<Keymove Snowfox 61m>

<Razer Mini>

4 minutes ago, SignatureSigner said:

Don't but ether and wait for prices to come down...

I just converted US prices to british pound and realized the max you should pay is 1400pounds

the FE is £1,400 in the UK

23 minutes ago, Smurflord said:

Cheers!

Why not just wait and try and get the FE card?  i've seen them come up on Nvidia site more often then the other cards.

Folding Stats

SYSTEM SPEC

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Motherboard Asus Strix B550i | RAM 32gb 3200 Crucial Ballistix | GPU Nvidia RTX 3070 Founder Edition | Cooling Barrow CPU/PUMP Block, EKWB Vector GPU Block, Corsair 280mm Radiator | Case NZXT H1 | Storage Sabrent Rocket 2tb, Samsung SM951 1tb

PSU NZXT S650 SFX Gold | Display Acer Predator XB271HU | Keyboard Corsair K70 Lux | Mouse Corsair M65 Pro  

Sound Logitech Z560 THX | Operating System Windows 10 Pro

28 minutes ago, Smurflord said:

Cheers!

That much money for a card is stupid. This thing will age at the same rate a 3080 does only you spent 2k pounds on it instead of whatever the backorder cost you. Not worth just wait.

6 minutes ago, shaz2sxy said:

the FE is £1,400 in the UK

Why not just wait and try and get the FE card?  i've seen them come up on Nvidia site more often then the other cards.

I was under the impression that the FE cards were now US only.

Just now, Smurflord said:

I was under the impression that the FE cards were now US only.

nope...

keep checking Nvidia UK Shop

if it is in stock it will go to Scan.co.uk as they are the UK distributors.

its pot luck when they appear. but check a few times a day and you will get lucky

I managed to get a 3070 on release day and a 3060 ti after launch day.

Folding Stats

SYSTEM SPEC

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Motherboard Asus Strix B550i | RAM 32gb 3200 Crucial Ballistix | GPU Nvidia RTX 3070 Founder Edition | Cooling Barrow CPU/PUMP Block, EKWB Vector GPU Block, Corsair 280mm Radiator | Case NZXT H1 | Storage Sabrent Rocket 2tb, Samsung SM951 1tb

PSU NZXT S650 SFX Gold | Display Acer Predator XB271HU | Keyboard Corsair K70 Lux | Mouse Corsair M65 Pro  

Sound Logitech Z560 THX | Operating System Windows 10 Pro

41 minutes ago, Smurflord said:

Cheers!

the 3090 is already a horrible value, paying an extra 400 is a complete joke then

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

1 hour ago, Smurflord said:

Yeap I'd go for evga - the inno 3d ain't the best, now if you could get a colorful vulcan or advanced, I'd get those over the evga, but if those are your choices I believe the x4 is just "mid range" 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity