5GHz crashes laptop WiFi adapter

Teratos21

I am using the Qualcomm Atheros Qca61x4a WiFi adapter for laptops. It's an M.2 socket type and has dual band function. 

However when I use 5ghz connections instead of 2.4GHz connections the WiFi is only stable for a short amount of time before my adapter crashes and requires a full restart. 

I have tested with various drivers old and new as well as an external USB WiFi adapter. 

The USB adapter works fine with both bandwidths with no crashes. 

What can I try to do to fix it? 

10 hours ago, Teratos21 said:

I am using the Qualcomm Atheros Qca61x4a WiFi adapter for laptops. It's an M.2 socket type and has dual band function. 

However when I use 5ghz connections instead of 2.4GHz connections the WiFi is only stable for a short amount of time before my adapter crashes and requires a full restart. 

I have tested with various drivers old and new as well as an external USB WiFi adapter. 

The USB adapter works fine with both bandwidths with no crashes. 

What can I try to do to fix it? 

That's strange as Atheros are usually pretty good.  You could always swap it out for an Intel AX210 though, bringing your WiFi completely up-to-date.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

On 1/27/2021 at 6:23 AM, Alex Atkin UK said:

That's strange as Atheros are usually pretty good.  You could always swap it out for an Intel AX210 though, bringing your WiFi completely up-to-date.

yeah i should try that
i have already made sure the bios, windows and drivers are up to date as well. it really seems like the card is problematic by itself. The problem is actually getting worse as now it disconnects on 5GHz almost immediately