ASUS Maximus XII Hero Wi-Fi USB Type C ports not working

I'm currently trying to use a USB C to Display Port Video Adapter from Cable Matters to add an additional video display to my PC since I use 4 monitors, and also have a VR headset. It is tedious to swap them out when I'm not using my VR headset, so using an adapter is essential to me. I've thought about buying a Thunderbolt PCIE card but since I don't need that many ports I decided to stick with this route. I honestly might just go that route anyway since I can't find any answers or solutions to my issue and am willing to pay someone for any type of avail to lead me to some type of resolution. The issue that happens is when I plug the adapter into my motherboards USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type C ports for the back IO and front panel IO ports (neither work) shows this error code message in device manager on Windows 10. Here is a list of things I've already done and specs. 

Specs: 

CPU: Intel i9-10900k

Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS XII Hero Wi-Fi 

GPU: EVGA 3080 iCX 

RAM: Corsair DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz

- Created a fresh dual boot Windows 10 OS using the media creation tool

- Uninstall the drivers/reinstalling, rebooting PC, updating Windows 10 to the latest 20H2 build. 

- Tried my previous ASUS Maximus XI hero motherboard that I had laying around and get the same issue

- Ordered a replacement from Cable Matters and another brand from StarTech off Amazon

- Tried 3x multiple DisplayPort cables (all 1.2). I've ordered DisplayPort 1.4 cables but I think they are reverse compatible regardless I've been wanting to upgrade them. 

- Installed MEI drivers

- Forced USB Type C power to be on in BIOS settings

- Tried latest current beta, latest stable, and initial revision BIOS update versions. Tried clearing CMOS same issue. 

I'm sure it's nothing wrong with the adapter, I tested this on my Lenovo yoga laptop and it works perfectly fine to one of my monitors so I know the cable/adapter is not the problem and has to be something in relation with my motherboard. One thing I'm going to try is order a USB Type C to Type C cable and see If I'm able to transfer data from my Android phone between my computer to ensure the port is actually functional. Also something interesting I noted is that the Cable Matters USB-C 8K Video Adapter shows up in device manager here which tells me it's getting some type of connection. I'm just not really sure what the error code 43 means, I've tried googling it and seem to be getting not a uniform answer from what the actual issue is nor how to resolve it. Now I guess it is possible that my motherboard could just be defective I just find it really weird, that 2 motherboards have nearly the same exact issue. 

What CPU do you have?

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

40 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

What CPU do you have?

Updating thread to include specs, but I have a i9-10900k. 

Displayport to usb-c adapter only works if the port supports it, XII Hero does not

1 minute ago, Selle said:

Displayport to usb-c adapter only works if the port supports it, XII Hero does not

What information are you basing it off that it doesn't support it? Does USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C not support video out? 

The port needs to support the «Displayport over usb-c» standard, there is no mention of this in the documentation for the board. If the usb-c port support this standard it is normally marked with a display port icon

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB-C

look under hardware support. 

Went for an easier solution to just buy this and use a DP to HDMI cable.